What's new

Barbasol Pacific Rush After Shave

Item Description

I got my Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave from another B&B member from Arizona (thanks, Sodapopjones) since this stuff is new enough that it hasn't hit the Pacific Northwest yet. There is some irony there, but that's not what this review is about.

Menthol is what this product, and this review, is really about. Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave has a pronounced menthol punch that leaves my face chilled and tingling for a good five minutes. If you like a menthol kick, you'll love this aftershave.

The clear plastic bottle is utilitarian, more squeezy than solid. The cap doesn't screw on, it's a press fit. Nothing fancy here, but it all works.

The scent isn't overbearing, and is mostly menthol to my nose It doesn't last long, and in this case I like that. I'm here for the chill, not the smell, and this stuff won't get in a fistfight with your cologne.

Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave does a good job of fighting razor burn and dealing with minor nicks and weepers. It's an alcohol splash, so it's not really moisturizing and there is some sting, but you get the idea that this was designed for men who don't cry about a little bite and value an invigorating wake-up over bedewed cheeks.

Did I mention that there is menthol here? The cooling sensation is where Pacific Rush lives up to it's name. Imagine stepping out of an Arctic cabin and having a freezy breeze hit you right in the face, but after a few minutes of this refreshing chill you get to go the heck back inside where the sane people are nice and toasty.

Here are the listed ingredients:

SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Menthol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzoic Acid, Yellow 10, Blue 1, Red 33.

At the reported price of a couple bucks or less, this stuff is well worth trying. It's such a value, it makes me want to try the other Barbasol after shave offerings.

If you're a menthol fan, rush out and get some Barbasol Pacific Rush. If you haven't tried a menthol kicker, this product lets you check out the chill without freezing all your assets.

Latest reviews

Pros: price
Cons: scent
I'm sure there are those who will disagree with me. While I love this fellows green older brother, I cannot find any love for the rush. It smells like burnt plastic and dead fish to me. Thankfully the scent doesn't linger. Great price but ewwww!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
For under 2 bucks at the local dollar store this stuff cant be beat! Great scent and killer menthol blast make this AS "da shiznit". I have seen the Barbasol line of aftershaves at my dollar store forever but always passed on it. I figured it was not worth it to dump a buck and a half on yet another disappointing AS.
This one is going into the rotation with aqua velva and skin bracer! Long live the drugstore classics. :thumbup:
After expressing my disappointment with AV, some of the fellahs here told me I should try Pacific Rush. I was not disappointed this time! The menthol blast is perfect for the hot summer, and the price cannot be beat. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)