What's new

Barbasol Brisk

Pros: price, scent
Cons: duration of scent
This has a strong alcohol burn, but I like that. It doesn't moisturize very well, which is okay. It's got a slightly licorice and citrus scent that goes on very nice, but it gone within a couple hours. For the price, it's a remarkable product. I've decanted it into glass and will try it a bit later to see if it alters the scent at all.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I picked this up the other day in a Dollar General for ~$1.50. I must admit, I was actually looking for the Old Spice knockoff and had not realized they dropped that product for the Barbasol line. I didn't want to leave empty handed so I grabbed this along with some Korean DE blades.

It does burn; Quite a bit, actually. However, it is followed by one heck of a cooling menthol feel. The scent is pleasant, and lasts, much longer than any Aqua Velva AS. I also found it quite nice in a moisturizing sense. Even though it is definitely a splash, you can feel it afterwards, almost like a balm. Not oily or anything but nice.

Considering how ridiculously inexpensive this is I would definitely recommend picking up a bottle just to have on hand. In any case, I left the store with ten blades and this bottle for less than a fast food meal :biggrin:.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I bought this at Dollar General for $1.75. I'm guessing that it's supposed to be similar to Skin Bracer. It's green w/alcohol, glycerin, and menthol. They should include a fire extinguisher in the packaging of this stuff. This was my first use of an alcohol-based aftershave in more than ten years. The last such AS that I used was Old Spice. My memory of alcohol burn with the Old Spice is too distant. Not that it matters, because I now have a new memory with a different AS. Think of applying kerosene to your skin and then lighting a match. Fire ants would almost be a more pleasant experience. Needless to say, I wussed out and rinsed the darned stuff off. It's going to take me a while to get used to this stuff. In the meantime, I'll use my Nivea ASB Sensitive as my regular AS and little-by-little try to figure out how to tolerate the Barbasol.
Top Bottom