What's new

Barbasol Brisk After shave

Pros: Price, efficacy
Cons: none
An excellent product and an outstanding value. Great cooling, and decent moisturizing properties for an alcohol-based product. A pleasant minty slightly candy-sweet aroma, very mild but very pleasant and long-lasting. I used it at 7 AM this morning, and still there at 3:30 PM.

Definitely worth a try. Even if you don't like it, you're only out pocket change, and you probably will like it. This stuff is the ARKO of aftershaves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent
Cons: duration of scent
This is a plucky little number that goes on with a light burn and some follow up cooling. The scent is a bit like butterscotch and iodine--but in a good way. My biggest complaint is the scent doesn't bother to hang around much after an hour. Great value and decent skin conditioning.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic scent, dirt cheap
Such a great value! Dirt cheap, effective, nice scent. Doesn't burn, but makes your face feel like you walked into an air conditioned room. The scent is something that I like, but there is a slightly old man/powder part to it that some may not like.

I like it. Will definitely keep some around.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Obviously, I love this product. I always liked the brand, and I was very pleased to find they made an aftershave. Because I've always had very sensitive skin and have had allergic reactions to some fragrances in the past, I have been reticent to use any aftershave other than rubbing alcohol. I've used this after both new blade shaves and one-too-many shaves on a blade. Even with a few small weepers there was absolutely no burn, and the cooling sensation and light fragrance are extremely pleasant. I'll be trying the Pacific Rush next.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, good scent, widely-available, did I mention cheap?
Cons: Fairly intense alcohol burn
Picked this up along with Pacific Rush about a week ago. Seemed like a no-brainer for the price, plus I love a good menthol rush in the morning. I like the scent of this better than the PR version, and it lingers just about all day long. The alcohol sting is INTENSE, and it hangs around for a few minutes, too. I've used Brisk twice, and PR only once. I don't remember PR having that much of a sting, so I might be reaching for it a little more than this one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I like lots of products, and don't bother to review most of them. But people should know about this one. It is just great and compares favorably to any aftershave ten time the price.

:thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I was surprised at how much I like this cheap after shave. The price is amazing, and I would have little trouble paying twice as much . . . though I hope it stays cheap:001_smile

It is hard to judge quality on something like this. It's a cheap after shave made with cheap ingredients, I'm sure, but it works very well.

Razor burn is not much of a problem for me most of the time, so n/a on that for me. It is a very cooling after shave lotion, however, and I would wager that it would help any irritation shaving may incur.

The scent is classic, period. But it is strong, and for that reason, I don't care for it. It smells almost exactly like Mennen's Skin Bracer.

It does what it is supposed to do, and is not moisturizing at all, yet it does not dry out my skin either. I don't find it to burn my skin when applying, but the menthol makes my eyes water for a few moments.

This is great stuff. Definitely will buy again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I had heard the Brisk mentioned a few times so I wanted to try it out.

When I first did this review, I thought this smelled like Williams Lectric shave, which I do not like. Well, it does smell like Williams at first, but when it calms down a nice powdery smell develops. Not too powdery. I have to say it's not bad at all.

The menthol in this product is quite interesting. I did not find it too burning, but the menthol tingle did hang around for a while in a very pleasant way. :thumbup1:

This product does what it's sold to do, and you definitely get your money's worth if you buy it. I did not rate mosturizing because I am not a judge of this because I don't need the moisture.

Wanted to mention an important point about this product: it has a snap-on cap. So if you are running errands, you might want to pick this up last. It did leak a bit in my shopping bag, and I would guess that it would leak in your shaving kit. As long as it sits upright, it's fine.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I was surprised that there has yet to be a substantial review of this aftershave so I though that I had better toss my hat in the ring. I'll just go down the list:

Ingredients:
WAter, SD Alcohol 40-B, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Menthol, Diethyl-amino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnimate, Benzoic Acid, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Blue No. 1.

Price:
Available only at Dollar General stores this product goes for somewhere less than $2, though I can't remember exactly what I paid. In any case, one can't beat a genuinely enjoyable aftershave for such a low price.

Quality:
I suspect that most aftershave splashes share many common ingredients such as alcohol, menthol, fragrance oils, etc. that are not going to vary widely in quality, but I'm also keenly aware that given the pricetag, this product is likely to contain inexpensive chemical replacements for more natural ingredients such as propylene glycol. For what it is, however, it is great.

Fights Burn: Honestly the best bang for my buck ever. One or two of my more expensive aftershaves beat this out, but not by much.

Cooling sensation: I'd have ranked this higher, but I've tried the Pacific Rush version, which beats this by just a tad. Very mentholated, and refreshing.

Scent: Probably the best thing about this product. The smell is fantastic. I'd describe it as a classic, powdery, barbershop scent reminiscent of Skin Bracer, but better. The fragrance is strong, and lasts for quite a while, so if you're planning on wearing cologne you should go with the lighter fragrance of Pacific Rush.

Efficacy: What can I say? It gets rid of the burn for $2, and smells good to boot. I'd say it does exactly what it is supposed to.

Moisturising:
Given that it is an alcohol based splash, it isn't going to moisturise your skin like some balms might, but it does an adequate job of not drying my skin out.

Alcohol Burn:
Alcohol is the number 2 ingredient, and thus it is going to burn a bit. In concert with all the menthol the experience of splashing this on is fairly intense, but I honestly find it to be rather enjoyable

Recap:
Lots of menthol, lots of alcohol, lots of fragrance, lots of relief for very little dough.
Conclusion:A fantastic After-Shave product; get some.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Thanks for the info, next time Im there I'll pick a bottle up ;)
this is a pretty good product it feels good on my skin. the scent is awesome as well as the price. you can't go wrong with this one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love it Cost $1.50 with tax at Dollar General Stores. IMO it is better that William's Electric Shave or Skin Brazer. Thanks to ClubmanRob for putting me on the cheap scent trail.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)