What's new

Bag Balm

If you guys are looking for a product that's good for chafing, this is about the best I've come across. Compression shorts are out for me; they make me feel like my mid-section is baking. Just use a little caution in applying this stuff because it can stain clothing.

I use Bag Balm for hand moisturizer, lip balm and for chafing as mentioned earlier. This stuff is very, very versatile. Price is about $7-8 for a 10z tin that will last forever. I've heard some complain about the scent, but for me, it's light and inoffensive.

Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
I am surprised that no one has reviewed this stuff yet.
Originally designed for use on chapped cow udders, this is a wonder balm. It can be used for just about anything. On their website they list it to be used on:
Pet's paws, horse hooves, cow udders, and as a leather softener.

It comes in two sizes 1 oz. and 10 oz. Each in a green tin. The 10 oz. is only like $2 more, so it is definitely worth it to buy the big one. I got it for around $7, and it has lasted me almost 2 years.

As a rural mail carrier living in VT, it is a constant battle to keep my hands moisturized. I typically had several splits in my skin from my fingers drying out so badly.
Once I was introduced to this however, all that business stopped.
I have never found anything that moisturizes nearly as good as this stuff. All of the carriers I know use it exclusively.

Just dig your finger in and pull out around a tsp to tbsp and rub it all over your hands. Notice that I didn't say, "rub it in." That's because there really is no rubbing it in. It just kind of sits on your hands and soaks in on its own. It has almost a warm tar consistency. (Like any petroleum jelly)
Your hands will be greasy for about 45 minutes after applying this stuff. Plus, they aren't going to smell particularly good for that time either.

As long as you have time to let it soak in, (I put it on before bed) this will be the best moisturizer you have ever used.

For those of you have any dry spots on your face, this works exceptionally well. But if you do put it on your face, do it before you go to bed, otherwise you will look greasy for a portion of the day.

I also recommend using it on your dogs paws. Especially if you walk them where there may be salt on the road.

As far as I know, this is the best way to moisturize...... pretty much anything. So go out and buy some!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)