What's new

B&B Aftershave Milk - Oily Skin/Summer Version

I was able to obtain a decant of this from the Decant Club, the Limes version.

The price of a full-bottle is a bit off setting, but the product itself is very economical. Less than a dime sized amount is sufficient for your entire face and neck.

Quality is top-notch, right up there (if not surpassing) very high-priced products in the same genre. I was almost disappointed with D.R. Harris AS Milk, not so much for the quality (tops) but for the price it just didn't seem worth it. This product ranks with the best and costs much less. Fights razor burn efficiently.

The scent is very, very subtle. Then again, it's supposed to be. Therefore, I gave it a 10. Almost undetectable and dissipates right away so it won't clash with any fragrance.

Efficacy wise, as mentioned, there aren't any that are better that I've tried. Very light formulation that spreads easily and absorbs immediately. Leaves your face feeling soothed and comfortable, like you didn't even shave, the hair just disappeared from your face :lol:

This is the oily skin version, but it provides an amount of moisture that never leaves your face feeling overly moisturized, greasy or slick. Just right in that respect.

I use both this and St. Charles Shave Lavender ASM. I am a real mad scientist when it comes to making "new" products in the bathroom and these two do it like no other. I feel that perhaps SCS may be a better value and works just as well but you can not go wrong with either of them.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
When this first came out, there was a lot of hype on this board about how good it was. I caved in and bought it along with the SCS aftershave milk. The SCS was cheaper, so I expected more out of this. First off, the aftershave was great. Moisturizes well, good quality, a little goes a long way. However, one thing caused me to sell it immediately. Ugh.. I hate the smell. I preferred the SCS to this. So, if you can get over the smell, this is a good aftershave. If not, consider the SCS, which is also cheaper.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
It is all covered above.

Not a fan of the scents but It goes away quick.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
my absolute favorite aftershave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I've got the Sandalwood(Unscented) version of the Mama Bear Milk. This stuff is incredible. :drool: I think its a disservice to this product to call it a "summer" aftershave. I've got dry skin in the winter and this stuff works like a charm. It somehow imparts the ideal amount of moisture to the skin, without leaving it dry while at the same time.... without leaving it greasy. Its literally a miraculous thing. A very thin aftershave (it surely is a milk) it goes on wet and soaks in instantly and just leaves the skin feeling smooth, supple, and refreshed.

Awesome. :thumbsup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I'm about 1/3 of the way through my bottle. As Joel said - I was a dedicated user of the old D.R. Harris formulation. Although I still have some left I have not touched it once since starting to use this product.

Great scent! Goes on and absorbs very quickly while soothing my skin with the best products out there. Once absorbed, there is no greasy feeling or shine.

Absolutely top notch. You all should be proud of your accomplishment!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I added this balm to a recent Mama Bear order and have been really, really impressed. One of the niggles was the balm I received comes with a gold spray top that is NOT the one pictured above in Joel's review. This top is hard to push down and delivers harsh, inconsistent sprays. I have since contacted Mama Bear Sue and she is sending out straight away a replacement top. Now that is customer service, my friends.

Price - The price is not at all bad for the quality you get. This is obviously more than the local Nivea, but not nearly as much as some of the other upper crust company balms.

Quality - Gorgeous glass bottle, high-quality ingredients, bad delivery mechanism. Replacment top on the way though...

Fights Razor Burn - Does as fine a job as any, but not quite Nirvana. Unfair to this balm, I probably will never find a 10 and need to work on my technique instead... :biggrin:

Scent - Wonderful, lightly floral yet all gentleman. Not at all lingering.

Efficacy - I tend toward oily skin, and this is a light, milk-like balm that is extremely effective for my skin type.

Moisturizing - Again, perfect for my skin type. This goes on lightly and not greasy, absorbs within a few minutes and just leaves my skin feeling great.

No Alcohol Burn - No alcohol to be found, therefore no burn.

Badger & Blade should be proud to put their name on this balm. Joel and Sue did a first rate job in formulating this product and it is just simply outstanding. I have an arsenal of balms in the cabinet and find myself reaching for this one more and more each morning.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Ok - so D.R. Harris aftershave milk was loved by all... note the "was" - as of 3 months or so ago, D.R. Harris changed its formula to a much thicker, oilier version of their once beloved "light/refreshing" aftershaving milk. Who else to come to our wetshaving rescue - other than B&B and the mighty growl of bahh dum... baaahh dum... Mama Bear? :wink: Well - not only did we "rescue" ya from your aquisition disorder needing another quick fix stat, but we did it in style - as this new milk aftershave product not only smells and works better than the old beloved DR Harris product - but it costs 50% less as well! Alright - enough chit chat, lets get down to business....

Scent - The lavender/rose mix is superb, as you might have guessed, but it much softer, and less confusing as other lavender/rose mix products. This is not a "girly" smell in the slightest, it is a light, sophisticated scent, and within minutes fades away, so it will not interfere with your cologne choice for the day. Overall, for an aftershave - the scent is a perfect 10 for me, as it smells nice, and fades quick, as ANY good aftershave should - colognes are for lasting scent/smell - aftershaves are to soothe and tone.

Efficacy - I simply adore this product... It's near milk like consistency goes on fast and is easy to apply, it is all natural and virtually oil free, and it dries to a "talc" like finish. Once applied, it quickly goes to work soothing/toning the skin and immediatly instills a light moisture to the skin, really is a joy to use, and in fact works wonderful as a great "Pick me up" toner throughout the day! All I ask/want from an aftershave is for it to do its job of soothing/toning, add a light amount of moisture, then have all traces of it GONE.... this B&B Aftershave does exactly that! This is not just a one trick pony though - as eventhough it is called a summer/oily skin version - for most normal skinned fellas it will provide more than enough moisture for year round enjoyment!
I also quite enjoy the pump top, as it makes it even faster/easier/more enjoyable to use....

displayimage.php

Overall - with it costing approx. 50% less expensive than the DR Harris milk, being virtually oil free, being made from a ton of natural/good for ya products, smelling great, and being quick/easy to use - this makes for one of my favorite aftershaves.... at any cost. Just watch as more B&B a/s milk users review the product... it is mighty, mighty good stuff.

FOR DISCUSSION OF THE PRODUCT, QUESTIONS, COMMENTS ETC - PLEASE USE THIS THREAD
THIS REVIEW ENGINE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIED/USED THE ABOVE PRODUCTANS IS ONLY FOR USER REVIEWS - COMMENTS/QUESTIONS WILL BE DELETED.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)