What's new

Awakenings...yeah :-)

I REALLY want to like this soap a lot, but it just does not agree with my skin...I love the smell, and Mama puts nice (read: quality) ingredients in all of her soaps, but I think the combo here, especially with it being essential oils, makes it just too harsh for my skin.

The menthol level is awesome, but I also end up a tad numb when shaving, and find that this leads to pressure that I am not aware of until after the the shave...lots of redness and raw feelings.

It lathers nicely, but I just don't seem to get the same level of lather with glycerin soaps that I do with tallow or other soap bases. I have to use a lot of product to get a nice thick lather with plenty of cushion, and althought the slickness is there, the longevity isn't, and I find it drying out too fast.

I also end up always having to use a balm after this soap...again, I think it's down to the EOs and sensitivity, but my face feels tigher and chapped, sort of like windburn. Not horribly so though, just more than I get from other soaps.

Liek I said, I really want to love this soap for the menthol kick and scent in general, but I just can't use it straight...I usually cut it into superlather with some Proraso. Toss in some Velva and 444, and you can't get a facefreeze like that outside of Osage Rub, lol.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
WOW! I ordered some of this and the Spicey Lime the other day, as my first soaps. I have been using Nancy Boy and Proraso exclusively for the past 2 years or so, and wanted to try some soap. This stuff is AWESOME! The smell is great, and I got the best shave I've gotten in a LONG time with it yesterday. I used my '66 SuperSpeed with a fresh Derby blade and got a 3-pass near perfect shave with it. Very happy with this stuff.
My first Mama bears product and won't be the last. Makes you feel alive like on a frosty morning - a great start to the day! What more can I say, a near perfect product for the man who likes to feel fresh and have a great shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)