What's new

Avon Oland (1970)

Pros: packaging, scent
Cons: availability
This is a gem of a product, a light, masculine scent that hangs in there. It's very inexpensive but hard to find.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
This is probably my favorite of the now defunct Avon scents from the '60s-'80s. I have been unable to find any data on exactly what scents went into Oland so the only words I can find to describe it are dark, smoky and (maybe just a bit) leathery. Of all Avon's scents for men, this is one of the few that under no circumstances would today be mistaken for unisex. It lasts a good while for an Avon fragrance and is pretty easily found at yard sales, resale shops, antique malls and the like...there's probably a bottle for sale near you right now. I've bought several bottles and have not come across one that's gone bad or even weak. Look around and you'll come across a 4 to 8 oz, sometimes for a buck or less.

If you've never tried them, old Avon scents are worth your time and pocket change. If you don't like them, you'll probably have blown less money than you would have on a Coke. And if you find you do like one, it's soooooo cheap and easy to amass a stockpile that AAD (Avon Aquisition Disorder) is now listed in the DSM IV right next to my picture.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)