What's new

Avon "Island Lime"

Pros: scent
Cons: duration of scent
I love this lime. It goes on very sweet with a wood undertone that prevents it from being too sweet. I wish it stuck around longer like a Pinaud aftershave, but this is gone within 2-3 hours making you wish you'd brought the bottle to work to reapply. Love mixing this with Lucky Tiger for a softer feel. I'd also like to try it with a bay rum scent, but haven't yet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
View attachment 110012In an effort to bring attention to some more neglected but worthwhile frags, here's another Avon review. I don't want to make this a dual review of Royall Lyme as well but since I've just obtained a bottle of R.L., and since many here are fond of it, I had to compare the two.

Short and sweet: Avon is superior. It's just as limey as Royall but it's lighter and just a tad sweeter, but not overly sweet. The sweetness smells like it belongs there, not like it's added in.

Royall Lyme is interesting and has a bit more going on, but it has a bitterness to it I.L. lacks. My wife (who is pretty objective in these matters) agrees R.I. has a strong medicinal note right off the top, and even after a some minutes resembles a lime version of Pine Sol. I have to agree, that's just what it reminds me of. Avon's has none of this; it's very simple, straightforward and refreshing. I suspect the big advantage R.L. is longevity - I can still smell it on my forearm while the same amount of I.L., placed at the same time, is fading fast (par for the course for most Avon's a/s, unfortunately).

Island Lime was put out in a variety of bottles so it's easy and usually pretty cheap to grab. For some reason the actual I.L. bottles, like the one pictured, tend to go for more, for no really good reason. The juice is the same whatever it comes in. And I've not yet found a bad or weak bottle. If you like lime and see a bottle you can snag cheap, it'll be worth it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)