What's new

Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel

Watch out if you are in any way allergic to soy, however...

I used this once and my face went beet red, and was irritated for a few hours...
Just to clarify, there are two different types of Aveeno shave gel. The one I am reviewing is the "Positively Smooth" with the light blue cap and soy ingredients. The other one is the "Theraputic Gel" with the dark blue cap (and oatmeal ingredients) which has also been reviewed on this site.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should mention that I really dislike shaving. It's not a "ritual" or a "hobby" for me and never will be. My main goal is to remove the whiskers from my face in an efficient, inexpensive manner with the least amount of blood loss.

After trying almost every type of canned product out there (Gillette Foamy, Gillette Gel, Edge Gel, Proraso Foam, Barbasol, Noxema, Old Spice, Nivea Gel, Nivea Foam) I've found that the Aveeno gel is a fantastic product that give the slickness and lather close to that of soaps and creams.

The price is $6.99 Canadian for a can and can be found at almost every drugstore in Canada.

The quality of the product is very good. It produces a nice thick, creamy lather. The scent is quite nice (it smells like almonds).

I use it in combination with my Edwin Jagger 89L and a Derby blade and I find I get a fantastic shave. Perhaps just as close as when I have used various soaps and creams (I'm currently using Kiss My Face mint and J.M Frasers).

If you dont like lathering up with soaps and creams and want a good quality canned product. This Aveeno gel is worth a try. I would say it's on par with the Nivea gels that are out there, but I personally prefer the scent of Aveeno.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)