What's new

Aveda Men Pure-Fume Tonic

D
At the time of this writing, the Aveda Men Pure-Fume Tonic has been discontinued and replaced by a new yet similar cologne. The latter is a bit more expensive, AVEDA Men Pure-Formance Aroma. Both of them are very clean and masculine, in fact, while wearing the Pure-Formance in a very crowded pub environment several times now, I have noticed that it is a definite Head-Turner from the ladies. In fact I was approached by two ladies on two different occasions, both wanting to know what it was. Both gave their approval. THAT alone says enough for me. I enjoy wearing the scent as well, and feel confident that it does not offend even the harshest cologne critics at work. My dad always told me to wear what your lady likes in terms of cologne, after all, what is the point of sniffing yourself? It defeats the purpose of wearing the cologne at all!:tongue_sm
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Base notes of bergamot, lavender, and lemon. To me, it smells like a lot of the heavy, woodsy colognes that clog up the counters at department stores, but without the Lysol-ish phantom basenote. Also, when I apply this cologne, I'm not momentarily short of breath.

The atomizer is a little different. It is more of a mister, and the cologne is meant to be applied all over and rubbed in. It's not something you can spray into the air and walk through. I like this, because it doesn't mess with my nose. Supposedly I can spray this in my hair too, but I haven't tried that as of this writing.

To me, this is the perfect fall/winter scent.

Product link
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power