What's new

Avalon Organics Lavender

Item Description

Price: About $5 for 8oz tube. A very good deal.
Quality: I feel it is a quality product. Plant oil and aloe with no artificial color or synthetic fragrance and no parabens. Guaranteed vegetarian and hypo-allergenic. Honestly I am not too worried about veggy ingredients or parabens and like all natural but if it were not mostly natural, would not be a deal breaker.
Scent A very nice lavender note. I think that many of the other ingredients have their own scent that mixes with the lavender and though not at all unpleasant, make it something of a different lavender scent. I like it. It is very nice.
latherability This is the problem. I got it hoping that like many other brushless creams, it could be coaxed into a froth with some effort. I was dead wrong. this cream refuses to lather. No amount of effort and numerous creme to water ratios managed to get even the slightest hint of lather. Too bad.
Efficacy Its shining star. I don't really like to use brushless creams brushless, but to be fair I have used it the last three days as prescribed. I must say that this stuff is slick as snot. On a par with Cremo Cream. I was able to shave ATG on the second pass with no irritation. Something I can't do with most creams. It gives me zero irritation, leaves my skin feeling soothed and moisturized. It goes on almost transparent. It is not as full bodied as most creams. In fact it is less viscous than any other cream I have tried. Even those in a pump bottle like KMF are thicker than this stuff.
Moisturizing Properties It's top notch in this department. Also no greasy after shave feeling. Smooth and soothed.
Packaging Well it's a plastic tube. As plastic tubes go it is a good one. It has a stable cap to stand it up. Nice design. No box.

For travel or when I am in a hurry, this will be a great choice. It works as well as about any cream I have used and the scent is very nice, but if you like to whip up a prodigious lather with your badger, this cream is not for you.

discussion thread for this review: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=583596#post583596

Latest reviews

great
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: About $5 for 8oz tube. A very good deal.
Quality: I feel it is a quality product. Plant oil and aloe with no artificial color or synthetic fragrance and no parabens. Guaranteed vegetarian and hypo-allergenic. Honestly I am not too worried about veggy ingredients or parabens and like all natural but if it were not mostly natural, would not be a deal breaker.
Scent A very nice lavender note. I think that many of the other ingredients have their own scent that mixes with the lavender and though not at all unpleasant, make it something of a different lavender scent. I like it. It is very nice.
latherability This is the problem. I got it hoping that like many other brushless creams, it could be coaxed into a froth with some effort. I was dead wrong. this cream refuses to lather. No amount of effort and numerous creme to water ratios managed to get even the slightest hint of lather. Too bad.
Efficacy Its shining star. I don't really like to use brushless creams brushless, but to be fair I have used it the last three days as prescribed. I must say that this stuff is slick as snot. On a par with Cremo Cream. I was able to shave ATG on the second pass with no irritation. Something I can't do with most creams. It gives me zero irritation, leaves my skin feeling soothed and moisturized. It goes on almost transparent. It is not as full bodied as most creams. In fact it is less viscous than any other cream I have tried. Even those in a pump bottle like KMF are thicker than this stuff.
Moisturizing Properties It's top notch in this department. Also no greasy after shave feeling. Smooth and soothed.
Packaging Well it's a plastic tube. As plastic tubes go it is a good one. It has a stable cap to stand it up. Nice design. No box.

For travel or when I am in a hurry, this will be a great choice. It works as well as about any cream I have used and the scent is very nice, but if you like to whip up a prodigious lather with your badger, this cream is not for you.

discussion thread for this review: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=583596#post583596
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)