What's new

Ava Luxe "Cafe Noir"

Item Description

In searching for an EDT to match my Salter's Almond shaving cream, I roamed around the product information and reviews on Basenotes, and bought trial-sized vials of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Rochas Man, and Angel*Men, before reading about Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe (San Diego, CA-based Serena Ava Franco). I knew I had to have it... and I was right!

Scent: Opens with a blast of roasted coffee beans and toasted almonds (maybe the vanilla and mocha?), mellows quickly to a chocolaty-coffee, followed by a lengthy coffee dry-down with a hint of spices.

Complexity: I'll leave this for others to judge, but I'm not a big fan of complexity qua complexity. There's enough going on in Cafe Noir to satisfy my nose.

Staying Power: In a word, "formidable". I sprayed some on before I left home at 11AM, and when I got back at midnight I could still smell it, albeit subtly. (NB: two days later, and I can still smell it on my shirt...)

Packaging: Both lovely and sturdy; surely this photograph shows-off its bottle, cap, and delicious color.

Quality of Atomizer: I must've gotten the one faulty atomizer in the lot, because it just doesn't work well. OTOH, the atomizer unscrews easily, which permits not only applying it in individually-measured amounts, directly to pulse-points, but also allows one to decant it into smaller vials for carrying on one's person or sharing. NB: I emailed Ava-Luxe about the problem, and they're sending me a new atomizer assembly... good customer service!

Price: At $75 for 60ml, and $45 for 30ml, it's not inexpensive. However, it is an Eau de Parfum, and a little goes a long, long way.

Quality: Despite my frustration with the atomizer, I find Cafe Noir to be the highest-quality scent that I've ever used, and I recommend it without reservation.

Cafe Noir takes faceturbation to new heights! I give it a :thumbup:

Latest reviews

I bought this without trying it first. I like hard to find/small perfumery fragrances so I thought that I would try it based on your review. Excellent quality, and very unique scent! I can't wait to try more frags from Ava Luxe. Thanks JB.
In searching for an EDT to match my Salter's Almond shaving cream, I roamed around the product information and reviews on Basenotes, and bought trial-sized vials of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Rochas Man, and Angel*Men, before reading about Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe (San Diego, CA-based Serena Ava Franco). I knew I had to have it... and I was right!

Scent: Opens with a blast of roasted coffee beans and toasted almonds (maybe the vanilla and mocha?), mellows quickly to a chocolaty-coffee, followed by a lengthy coffee dry-down with a hint of spices.

Complexity: I'll leave this for others to judge, but I'm not a big fan of complexity qua complexity. There's enough going on in Cafe Noir to satisfy my nose.

Staying Power: In a word, "formidable". I sprayed some on before I left home at 11AM, and when I got back at midnight I could still smell it, albeit subtly. (NB: two days later, and I can still smell it on my shirt...)

Packaging: Both lovely and sturdy; surely this photograph shows-off its bottle, cap, and delicious color.

Quality of Atomizer: I must've gotten the one faulty atomizer in the lot, because it just doesn't work well. OTOH, the atomizer unscrews easily, which permits not only applying it in individually-measured amounts, directly to pulse-points, but also allows one to decant it into smaller vials for carrying on one's person or sharing. NB: I emailed Ava-Luxe about the problem, and they're sending me a new atomizer assembly... good customer service!

Price: At $75 for 60ml, and $45 for 30ml, it's not inexpensive. However, it is an Eau de Parfum, and a little goes a long, long way.

Quality: Despite my frustration with the atomizer, I find Cafe Noir to be the highest-quality scent that I've ever used, and I recommend it without reservation.

Cafe Noir takes faceturbation to new heights! I give it a :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
JBHoren
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from JBHoren

Top Bottom