Items by Zumkopf

Zumkopf
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
The handle on the eShave Silvertip Badger brush is probably its most distinguishing feature - long, slender and substantial, it lends a quality feel to the brush. It also makes the proportions seem a little odd, but the knot is a fairly normal size - 21mm knot, with 51mm loft and a fan-shape after blooming. This brush comes in three different grades of bristles, with the Silvertip being the top of the line. I'd compare the eShave Silvertip to Rooney's Silvertip in terms of both tip...
At the suggestion of a board member, I am posting this review over here. This is part one of a two-part review. Several of us had noted that the knot sizes of the Duke 3 and the Commodore 3 were almost identical, and of course both came in Simpsons’ remarkable “best” badger hair. But the Commodore is about 25% less expensive, and we had wondered about the reason for this. As it happened, Darjeeling Express has a Duke 3, I have a Commodore 3, and so we coordinated a head-to-head experiment...
I was impressed by Fido’s first brush effort, the New Forest 2201, so when he announced his new brush, the New Forest 2211, allegedly stuffed with more and better “silvertip badger” bristles, I immediately bought one. However, when the NF2211 arrived, I was disappointed. It looked exactly like the 2201. I mean exactly. I kicked myself for laying out the money for it. I really, really wanted to hate it. Then I used it. Don’t use this brush. If you do, you will kick yourself over every...
Top Bottom