Items by ZethLent

Fitjar Såpekokeri is an artisan soap company based in Norway and is run by a woman named Jorunn Hernes. I first came about these creams after reading a review of the soaps that a gentleman posted on SMF. I later ordered the sample satchel of creams to get a sense of the fragrances of each product. The products produced by Fitjar are all natural and contain only essential oils for fragrance. I found that all of the creams lathered equally regardless of the fragrance and thus...
I posted about these Japanese framebacks a while back and ended up getting some. I kept one and two others now have one. It came to me in near NOS condition. I don't know if it was ever used but it was in very good shape when I got it. The razor is a frameback style razor that Japanese Barbers once used. The box says it is Swedish steel, I am not sure if that is true, but it is a posibility. The razor blade portion is very thin and has a lot of flex. I honed it as I do all of my...
ZethLent
0.80 star(s) 10 ratings
Views
Reviews
The Kent BK8... This was the third brush I bought; the first being a Shavemac silvertip and the second being a Plisson black. The shear size of it was just what I was looking for. I got it and used it for a couple of months and then I got a Simpson Tulip 4 (two band) and then it sat for 6 months or so with little or no use. With the advent of the B&B 2008 LE Kent brush I put the T4 on the shelf and have gone from a stiff face lather to a super soft bowl lather for the last couple of...
Well Ladies and Gentleman, the rotation has been completed. See this thread for reference. Initially I used the T4 from the day I got it to the end of the following week (everyday) about 10 shaves and maybe 5~6 'test' lathers. Then I used my shavemac for a week. A huge difference in these two brushes. I like both but liked the feel of the T4 bristle better. I also found that I do indeed prefer a 'flat' shape of brush versus a 'lightbulb' shape. (All face lathering for the last...
As I live in Japan and not having tried much of what the Japan Market has for shaving gear I decided to try out a few things starting with aftershave. This is not the first one I have tried and I will try to do more reviews as I go but I will do this one first. Shiseido: BRAVAS Aftershave Lotion I have used it enough to have it treat a number of different shaving after-maths and have to say that it is a good aftershave for its price. First of all it offers a really nice...
The All Black Plisson. When I got it the first few uses were very different that what I have been accustom to. I have been using a silverip Shavemac 23mm for over six months straight. Price: Not bad for a Plisson. Less than a hundred bucks total. I got mine from the Shaving and Razor Shop in Antwerp. Quality: I have no negative things to say about it. It lost one hair several weeks after I put it into use. (I have used it on every weekday since I got it). Density: It is no where near...
Well, as I stated in my synopsis, the cost-value of a soap that costs $55 (USD), note I paid 7000円 which roughly equates to the $55 price tag, is constantly on your mind when purchasing and thereafter using such a comparably costly product. I put it to use a couple of days after purchasing it from Barney's New York here in Tokyo. I wanted to give it a full week of my attention before coming to any conclusions. Now my 2 cents worth, or maybe it is 55 dollars worth of an opinion...
Top Bottom