Items by vertigo12314

Guerlain Apre L’Ondee Top Notes: Aniseed, Hesperidic notes, Rose Middle Notes: Violet, Hawthorn Base Notes: Iris root It begins with a powdery iris and anise with some floral. If the rose is there it’s very much in the background. The violet appears but the sweetness is subdued by the powdery iris note. I think this can be gotten away with by men even though it is marketed for women. It’s very understated compared to Bois de Violette and stays close to the skin but blooms out...
vertigo12314
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Guerlain Habit Rouge Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Rosewood, Basil, Pimento Middle Notes: Sandal, Carnation, Patchouli, Cedar, Rose, Cinnamon Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Moss, Leather, Benzoin, Labdanum, Olibanum Okay I've come around to this one. The citrus and wood is upfront. After awhile I can detect some rose and a powderiness mixed with leather. This would be a good comparison with Acqua di Parma which has more roses and powder. Habit Rouge is more leather and wood. The...
Angeliques Sous La Pluie by Frederic Malle coriander, pink pepper, cedar and angelica The opening is a peppery floral. It then includes cedar. All of it is done with high quality and balance. I suppose you could imagine this scent after a rainfall. This is another good wood scent that veers towards masculine. There's a lot of competition in regarding cedar so I would sample this one and Voyage D'Hermes. If you prefer floral then choose this one and if you prefer citrus choose Voyage.
Diptyque Eau Duelle Top Notes: Cardamom, Elemi, Juniper. Middle Notes: Saffron, Calamus Base Notes: Vanilla, Black tea, Amber This immediately smacks of vanilla gourmand. This would be a direct competitor with SCS New Spice. The vanilla is subtle and delicious. The juniper is subdued and the saffron and Calamus adds a slight spicy brown bag paper smell (in a good way) with the black tea and amber warming it up. Definitely both men and women can use this. The notes I...
The top notes are nicely floral (without overdoing it) and it's unmistakenly Lily. It stays this way for a while and the Neroli appears but doesn't overpower the lily (finally!). Very balanced. The musk keeps this from being only feminine but I expect women would be more interested in it. Guys who love florals will love this due to the green quality of the florals. This is the best lily fragrance I've smelled.
Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle Top notes: bergamot and bitter orange Middle notes: pink pepper, cloves and vetiver Base notes: sandalwood, cedar, oakmoss, myrhh and musk The refreshing opening is realistic orange with vetiver. Very nice. As the pepper and cloves enter into the picture the overall effect makes the fragrance greener. The sandalwood, cedar, oakmoss, incense and musk seem to apportion themselves without taking over completely making the wood more tangy than...
Serge Lutens Bois de violette violet, violet leaf and cedar Starts off with candy violets and then quickly moves into cedar. Much like Gris Clair the top and bottom notes fuse together and continue for a long time. This is much better than Ajaccio Violets by Trumper where it goes into grandma territory. The cedar is very strong and makes this a unisex scent with a smoky wood base. Well done.
L'Eau Sento by Iunx Cedar leaves, Cypress wood, Yew, Red Seaweed. Starts off with a very familiar scent of wood that reminds me of cypress wood and crispy leaves plus I think "Yew" trees. It's hard to describe it's nostalgia. It evokes the smell of shops with wood crafts or museums or cork board. This would be a good alternative to Cypres Musc but for Fall and Winter weather. I would expect this to work well at Christmas time. Really intriguing. I expect others would find it...
En Passant by Frederic Malle Lilac, surrounded by watery and green notes, cucumber and wheat The lilac appears and merges quickly into the neroli. The neroli continues on giving a fresh scent but unfortunately there is an ugly rubber note that interferes with both scents. This is a no for me. The sillage is good and so is the longevity if you happen to like smelling like Neroli and Lilac. I would prefer Lilac without the neroli and some other combination. The cucumber and...
Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise for Men Top notes are monstera, orange blossom, hyacinth, grapefruit, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are gardenia, orchid, jasmine and honeysuckle; base notes are hibiscus, plum wood and amber The top notes start off as a disgusting Neroli citrus and floral. The middle notes continue on with Orchild which makes it smell like a cat’s butt, BO or a child that hasn’t bathed in a long time. This is down there as one of the worst I’ve smelled. DO NOT...
Gris Clair Top notes: lavender Middle notes: amber, tonka bean, iris Basenotes: dry wood, incense It starts off strongly with lavender and quickly the dry wood appears with the tonka and powdery iris. The dry wood is dominant and has a slightly Terre D’Hermes quality to it but more spicy/amber and the wood scent is much like opening a wood drawer. I like it and it definitely deserves to be in the lavender pantheon. Its main character is to be like candy-blue lavender with wood and...
Caldey Island Lavender Middle Note: Lavender Base note: Musk It just smells like a realistic pure Lavender and less medicinal than other typical lavenders. There isn’t much sillage as expected. This would be great just before going to bed. There is a slight green natural floral leafiness and grassiness to it that makes it charming. It stays close to the skin and is excellent. It really smells of a pastoral setting almost like you’re outside in a country road near a lavender crop...
Dior Eau Sauvage Top Notes: Lemon, Rosemary Middle Notes: Petitgrain, Basil Base Notes: Vetiver Okay I really like this one a lot. It does what I wanted Creed Bois de Cedrat to do. It's fresh all the way. The citrus and rosemary work well together but the Basil and Vetiver freshen it up to keep it from being like medicine. To me this could be used anytime or anywhere. It's not too light or too strong. Highly recommended. :thumbup:
Voyage D'Hermes Top Note: Citron, Bergamot, Coriander, Ginger, Black Pepper Middle Notes: Tea, Cardamom, Artemisia Base Notes: Birch, White Musk, Amber, Cedar This is a nice citrus that would go well for the office and warm weather. Despite being light it's pretty complex. The opening notes appear on their own without much happening from the middle and base notes. The citrus and gourmand spices are very enjoyable. Once the middle and base notes appear it takes on a different...
L'Artisan Coeur de Vetiver Sacre http://www.basenotes.net/threads/254878-Coeur-de-V%C3%A9tiver-Sacr%C3%A9-by-L-Artisan-Parfumeur The opening (smells very feminine) comes out on the fruity side with prominent tea and bergamot. The apricot, saffron, ginger and coriander give it a sweet gourmand effect almost like a fruity candy vetiver with dates. This gives it a slightly potpourri effect. It smells very nice but it smells too feminine for me. It's lasting on my skin and sillage is...
L'Air du Desert Marocain Top notes of coriander and bitter orange Middle notes of jasmine and citrose Base notes of cedar and vetiver This pricey EdT is powerful out of the gates. It's spicy with a campfire cedar scent. There is a freshness from the jasmine and vetiver and a slight candy orange smell mixes in (though you have to be close to notice it). This is one for any time of the year. During the winter you could use it instead of an incense fragrance and in the summer it...
Tommy Bahama pepper sichuan, coriander, bergamot, sage, incense, ginger root, wood, amber, and musk This is a decent lasting wood scent. It's a little boozy in the opening but that disappears quickly. The pepper makes it smell a little like pencil shavings (I like that). The amber and musk warm it up. It has good longevity on my skin but it's not overpowering. I think it can be used year round and is very comfortable and casual. :001_cool:
Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil Top Notes Green Mango, Grapefruit Middle Notes Calamus, Lotus Base Notes Sycamore, Frankincense The top notes aren't kidding. Lots of green mango and grapefruit (more mango) along with the typical Terres D'Hermes wood fragrance mixed with the grapefruit. The Lotus adds a floral note and Calamus an herbal "hay" effect. It dries down to an nice light woody incense aura. I think the only reason to go for this one is if you have a problem with...
Top Note: Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Oleander Middle Note: Oleander Base Note: Fig Tree, Pink Cedar It's like being in a fresh Garden or produce section of the grocery store with gourmand buttery figs, fig leafs and flowers. The sillage is good. It's a must for spring and summer. I think it would be out of place in cold fall and winter weather unless you want to throw people for a loop. :laugh: It's fairly strong but not as strong as Terres D'Hermes so you can easily put 3 sprays on...
Acqua di parma Cipresso di Toscana Top notes are rosemary, basil, grapefruit, sage and petit grain; middle notes are pine tree, coriander, lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and cardamom; base notes are cypress, silver pine, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar. Right away I'm getting that strong rosemary I notice in Cool Water and basil which dominate the citrus. Very fresh smelling but close to the skin. After awhile the floral and lavender kick in. The pine is ever...
Top Bottom