Items by Steerpike

I had high hopes for this stone, also from Axminster tools (www.axminster.co.uk) but is hasn't really fulfilled them. It's a broad stone, over 3", so I thought it would be great, no need to do those diagonal strokes. However, I find that the diagonal strokes are the way to achieve the best edge really easily, so this is no benefit at all. When I get a stone, I expect to lap it before use, that's normal, but this one was convex, rather tha concave. That made lapping it down to a flat...
I got this from axminster tools in the Uk (www.axminster.co.uk) as the Norton Combo everyone raves about was just going to be unreasonably expensive to get in the UK. It does the job excellently on an old razor that needs a bit of metal taken off- the 1K side takes it off fast, but does not seem too rough. The 6K side will put a bit of a polish on the edge, but this may take a while after the 1K, especially if honing up a chunky wedge- be prepared to lap the stone DURING use a few...
I got a MASSIVE sample of this, I mean as samples go, theres plenty for a LOT of shaves. I may buy it again, it's that good (although it isn't Sandalwood). It gives a lovely creamy, slick, thick lather, with a scent that EXPLODES when you start lathering it with a hot brush. It is their Elite fragrance, but rather sweeter than the EDT- a little more floral too: is this due to the chamomile extract in the cream? It certainly is skin conditioning and protective: as good as Musgo, though a...
I started using this because the Witch Hazel I buy from the chemists just wasn't providing enough moisturisation. This stuff is organic, and designed by hippies. It shows- it is very moisturising, very kind for the skin, cooling, soothing, and environmentally friendly too. The only downside I find is the smell, and that only because it isn't Sandlewood. It is fragranced with pure essential oils, including lavender. These all have a very soothing, therapeutic action on the skin, and...
Top Bottom