Items by scottish steve

scottish steve
1.29 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
This was recommended by a forum member and cost £7.80 excl P & P from www.diamonedgeltd.co.uk. Delivery was prompt @ 2 days from 5.30pm. I ordered this as my EJ Superbadger is very soft, and I have decided to concentrate on soaps again. I need something more robust. The moment I picked this up I remembered my grandad used to have this or another Vulfix and it really brought him back...this alone is worth the price. It looks wellmade, with no visible flaws and has a sort of "candle-flame"...
scottish steve
1.13 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
I got this from the BST for $95- you can decide if that was a good price or not. In the Vtge market there's always tension between buyers & sellers trying to get the best deal for themselves and I've known some guitarists looking for/buying vintage instruments to switch their position 180 degrees when they change their role, without batting an eye. I think the overall quality of the "real" Gillettes is well-known, though I'm sure there've been fluctuations over time which I'll learn about...
I'm going to have to go back and edit my soap/cream reviews -every time I think I've got the best a man can get (sorry), I stupidly buy something else and its even better! The AoS cream I found rich but not very effective, the 3T's' creams all look and smell wrong to me and I thought the CF was great but bought this cos I didn't like parabens. First off, this is Mother-of-Pearl white and smells edible. Nothing un-natural, no preservatives, menthol or alcohol and about half the ingredients...
I usually stay away from C&E, Molton Brown et al. but I was in town some months ago with a female friend & we were in L'occ', so I bought this just for general bathing/washing and really liked it. After finding my CF Cream drying out quite a bit during str8-shaving (cos I take so long!) I went back to GFT S/wood for one shave and bought it back in the cabinet. I really like the idea of using soaps instead of cream so I used the L'Occ' soap to shave with "just in case". In my opinion this is...
Top Bottom