Items by RichGem

I had my first shave today with the RedLeaf Black Tea, so a couple of observations for y'all.... The cube shape is best used as a shaving stick (rub on face) as the face of the cube is too small, at least for my brush, to really do a puck lathering. The scent is really really nice and filled the shower. Lather was tremendously thick, slick, and rich. As a result of the thickness tho, I did have to keep my brush a little wetter than normal when generating the lather. The shave was...
If you like shower gel, you must try Honeybee Sue's! I just treated myself to the Lemon Verbena and it was well worth the purchase. Scent: A true lemon with verbena undertone that will get your morning going for sure. "Wake up and smell the lemons!" The scent lingers a bit post rinse, but not so much as to interfere with your cologne. Price: About what you'd pay at your local drug store for the cheap shower gel that won't last you half as long or smell half as good. So, good...
Another winner from Mama Bear. Notes of cocoa, cardimon, coffee, maybe a touch of honey, (see Mama's site for a full description) make for a great, complex scent which lingers a bit post-shave. Note that this is not a smack-you-in-the-face just ground coffee scent as you might expect. Way more subtle and complex than that. The scent is not as strong as other MB offerings that I've tried, but these notes call for less intensity, IMHO. In short, a great shave with no irritation and as an added...
I received this as a gift, hence the n/a above for price. But, judging by the T&H website, it's on par with their other offerings. Anyhow, a great balm with a not-quite-milk/not-quite lotion consistancy. Some may find it a bit thin, but having oily skin, I appreicate this. It absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. Those with very dry skin, however, may want to use more or use a second application. It does a good job of relieving post-shave tightness and irritation altho for major irritation...
Rather than basically duplicate my Dragon's Blood post, I'll just add on a mini review here. Yesterday and today I tried Mama Bear's "Energy" and "Smokin'" and again will note they are wonderful scents which linger a bit post-shave. Of the three I've tried, I like energy the least only becuase I experienced some skin irritation after I applied it and before shaving (a not-subtle burning sensation on my neck). My skin can be sensitive, so YMMV. This scent is probably best for spring/summer...
Top Bottom