Items by rAZor

I was looking for something pine/fern and didn't want to pay Penhaligon's price for English Fern. Bought this one blind on a lark, and I've been pleasantly surprised. This is from a small "house" called Fragrances of Ireland, who describe Patrick this way: "Patrick Cologne is a rich and daring scent with fresh green notes of fern and pine, warmed with the woody notes of oak moss and patchouli." It's very green, with lots of the oak moss coming through. It lasts a long time, but doesn't...
Morocco is the first soap I've tried from St. Charles Shave, and a new one from Sue. This one uses red Moroccan clay and looks like the red clay in Georgia (or the red cliffs in Sedona, AZ) as a result. I wanted to try it because of the clay; I've tried different formulations with kaolin and bennonite clays. I think clay content can be one of the most important parts of a shave soap's formulation. On to the review: Price- At $6.00, Sue's soaps are pretty darn cheap. Her shipping is a wee...
I just got this from slcsteve (thanks, Steve!) on Friday and fired it up this morning. I should say wound it up! You just turn the bulbous end on the already bulbous handle and it vibrates like any of the Gillette "power" versions. Price: This was an expensive razor in its day; mine included the original invoice from 1966 and it was 24.95! I got mine for only $17.50. Considering that most blade razors at that time were 1/10th the price, I think I got a great deal. Thanks again, Steve...
Top Bottom