Items by mretzloff

mretzloff
1.60 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: I paid 3 € for a 100 gram bar of soap. That comes out to about $4.18 and 4¢ per gram. Ivory soap costs 2¢ per gram and homemade hand soap costs even less. Quality: The quality was ok. The soap was wrapped in wax paper. Latherability: The soap lathers nicely. Moisturizing: My hands feel healthy and moist. Scent: The soap smells like lavender and Speick plant, which smells earthy. Efficacy: I feel the soap produced a good lather, one similar to other commercial soaps...
Price: I paid 7 € for a 150-gram puck of this. That comes out to about $9.74 and 6¢ per gram. That's a lot, especially when you consider that soap costs almost nothing to make. Ivory soap costs 2¢ per gram. Quality: The soap looks and smells like a luxury soap. It also came wrapped in fancy wax paper and a cardboard ring. Latherability: The soap lathers nicely for a hand soap. My mother's homemade hand soap, which costs a fraction of the price, lathers better, though. Moisturizing...
mretzloff
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: I paid 8.50 € for a 100 mL bottle. That comes out to about $11.82 and 12 cents per mL. That's about triple the cost of Aqua Velva, but then again, this is a fine European after shave. Quality: Hâttric Classic comes in a simple glass bottle. The quality of the after shave is good. Fights Razor Burn: It's so-so here. If you want an after shave that fights razor burn well, look somewhere else. Cooling Sensation: I did not notice a cooling sensation. Scent: The scent is very...
mretzloff
0.67 star(s) 6 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price: I paid 12.99 € for a 150 mL bottle in Germany. That comes out to about $18.16 and 12 cents per mL. The price is fine, considering this is a quality European after shave. For comparison, Irisch Moos after shave costs three times what Aqua Velva does per mL. Quality: Irisch Moos comes in an elegant glass bottle. The quality of the after shave is good. Fights Razor Burn: It's so-so here. If you want an after shave that fights razor burn well, look somewhere else. Cooling...
Introduction: QED is known for their strong fragrances. Frankincense & Myrrh is a scent that seems to fly under the radar. Few people ever talk about it. I have heard, though, that QED Frankincense & Myrrh is the best frankincense and myrrh out there. Let's see. Price: I paid $17.00 for a 5 oz. tub. That is a lot for a glycerin soap, but then again, frankincense and myrrh are expensive essential oils. I do not know how much Charles uses, so I'll say that $17.00 is too much for this soap...
Introduction: I really enjoy the scent of lavender. It's calming and it reminds me of my grandmother, with whom I have a very close relationship. QED, as most of you probably know by now, is known for overpowering scents. I am sure QED Lavender will not disappoint. Price: I paid $13.50 for this soap. Some people will go to their grave defending the prices Charles charges for his soaps. I'm sorry, but I will have to disagree. Lavender essential oil costs about $7.00 for 10 mL. I highly...
Introduction: I'm sorry to admit this, but I am not expecting a lot from this soap. I have tried a few glycerin soaps and have been unable to create any type of lather. On the other hand, QED is supposed to be one of the best glycerin soaps, so I might, and hope that, I am wrong. Let's see. Lather: Ok, I'll admit it: I was DEAD WRONG. I soaked the tub in water for ten seconds and then went to town. I produced just as much lather from QED Badger & Blade as I did with the D.R. Harris soaps...
Top Bottom