Items by mparker762

This is a new-production razor available at numerous barber's supply stores. I got mine from Appleton Barber Supply for $52 (they also sell an Illinois #127 strop for $29, which is a relative bargain). The razor appears to be made by Dovo, since it comes in a Dovo-style ABS slipcase. It's a carbon steel blade, and my example has gold wash on the tail and shank but not on the spine, and an attractive gold wash diamond on the blade containing the C-Mon name, and the C-Mon name and a red...
This razor is a NOS Friodur from John Crowley (www.shavingshop.com), with custom scales by Robert Williams. The scale material is oryx (or gemsbok) horn, and the wedge is another piece of oryx. Oryx horn has grooves spiralling up the length of it, and these spiralling grooves have been left in the outside surface of the scales, and provide a nice distinctive touch. The razor arrived with a nice shaving edge on it, and my first shave with it set my benchmark shave for months. I have...
This Wade and Butcher razor was already an old-fashioned design when it was made in the early 1800's. The blade on this razor has a similar shape as the triangular shankless razors of the revolutionary war era - though this razor does have a shank it's little more than a spot where the edge has been ground off. The toe is nearly an inch in width, the heel is about 6/8 of an inch. This is not due to hone wear, the razor is actually ground with a taper towards the tail. The razor...
Top Bottom