Items by MoreSaltThanPepper

MoreSaltThanPepper
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Having just finished the last of Malaspina's excellent Shower Soap, I enquired and was told there was a new shower gel. I ordered mine with my favourite spice scent. Another winner, easy spreading, some lather and a little goes a long way. Unlike the shower soap, this product does not appear to need shaking to re-mix the oil-based scent. I should add that I am now commuting on foot, about five miles each way and the clean feeling and scent are terrific, I do not feel grubby after...
MoreSaltThanPepper
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is another "out of the park" offering from Malaspina. It seems lightly scented in the shower but the scent stays with you through the day. I chose a variant on the spice line but you can order any smell that suits your schnozz. It is closer to a soft soap than a cream/gel but it squeezes easily enough out of the bottle. At first, I used too much, because this is not a foaming detergent. Once you're used to a cleansing layer without lather, a little goes a long way...
MoreSaltThanPepper
1.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
I ordered these from Razor Blades and More. Super vendor, easy to deal with and great communication. I had heard all sorts of urban legend stuff about the carbon steel being able to shave the fuzz off of Superman's worst and couldn't wait to give them a try. Opened the nicely understated package of 10 and cracked one in half to pop into my shavette. It was so %^&%*&^$ rough that I stopped, rinsed off the lather and re-did the entire prep. OW, OW, OW! Yeah, they're sharp. You...
MoreSaltThanPepper
Views
Reviews
I bought this one more or less on a "let's try something new" whim after chatting back and forth with Malaspina's owner about factors of moisturizing, slipperiness, cushion and so on. I should make clear here that I am not myself vegetarian or have any issues about meat. Oddly enough, I did raise a concern about the use of palm oil, as I am very much against the destruction of Orangutan habitat. As it turns out, Malaspina uses only palm oil certified to not be contributing to this...
MoreSaltThanPepper
Views
Reviews
Well, I have a wee confession to make. I grew up where there is actual humidity and have been transplanted to a place so dry, the first aid courses don't cover drowning. Seriously. Anyway. I itch. No, I mean, I I T C H. I scratch with whatever is handy, adhering to that "men's rule" "if it itches, it will be scratched". I have two (one at home and one at work), of these: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images/Categoryimages/normal/p-2827-30943-shed-blade.jpg Much to the...
MoreSaltThanPepper
Views
Reviews
Well, I went to gather up the packaging from Malaspina and found a surprise. A nice looking little tube of lip balm. Now, I don 't use the stuff myself but I opened it and sniffed it after reading the label. Peppermint and spearmint: now, I grew up on doublemint gum commercials full of cute twins, so it made me grin. Anyway, passed it along to a dedicated user, so the rest of this is not my words. "I had it for a few days in my pocket before John called and asked if I had tried...
MoreSaltThanPepper
Views
Reviews
This is the most unfair review ever, being done while under the influence of self-inflicted injuries contrary to good order and discipline as per the QR&O's. The last thing I remember was playing motorcycle soccer in the snow . . . As old Kris K said, I woke up Sunday morning, with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt, after getting into a friend's homemade slivovitz and the resulting silliness. I doubt I could have passed the Turing test, let alone tackle involved, delicate tasks...
MoreSaltThanPepper
Views
Reviews
Malaspina has very generously shared some of their creations with me and this review is the first of them: Old Spice Shaving Cream I was suitably impressed by the Canada Post-proof packaging, a nice sturdy little plastic tub (very impressed, given the state of the package itself). I assume it's recyclable but I did not look on the bottom for the little symbol. I will tonight. Please remember that I always do certain things: I use a washcloth to soak my face, use a boar brush by...
MoreSaltThanPepper
Views
Reviews
I received this strop this morning in the mail, unsure about what to expect, as the manufacturer is a rather self-effacing gentleman. :001_smile We had discussed what dimensions I would like and I asked for something longer and wider than my current commercially bought double sider. What I unpacked was a length of gorgeously finished hide, treated to a wonderfully dark, smooth shine and outfitted with hardware that would surely be a centrepiece in any barber's shop. One end sported a...
Top Bottom