Items by Mad Weiland

Mad Weiland
1.50 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Hello again! This time I am reviewing a great product from The New York Shaving Company; The Tonsorial Shave Cream. I ordered this cream from WCS when I noticed it in their new product line-up. Out of the five creams available at WCS that are sold by that company, I chose this one because it seems to be the "Flag Ship" scent, if you will. The equivalent of Mr. Taylor's in the Taylor of Old Bond Street line. I felt this way because this particular cream carries the name...
I was reluctant to write anything about this soap, for several reasons, one of which being that, because it is a well kept secret, albeit inadvertently, I did not want to drive it into the light; and another being that I spent a lot of time trying to find a pre-reformulated sample for comparison, which I could not. So, in lieu of that comparison and it's advantages, I give you my review of Trumper's Oxford Blue Shaving soap. :biggrin1: Price: Given the size of the soap (see pictures...
This is my first review of a brush so please, endure with me. :biggrin1: So, when I found this brush sitting in a glass case at my local tobacconist's shop, I was torn between it and another badger brush from the same company. Why? Because, while I'd been looking for a smaller brush that would fit my hand better, it looked a little too small. (I'm sure you'll notice). Now when I finally made the decision to buy it, over the other brush, it was so that I could not only have a...
So I'll start with what I think is the most important factor of this cream, almost a disclaimer. This stuff is a CREAM in every sense of the word. It has no lathering ability unless you use it as a base pre-shave for super lather, it is not meant to be whipped into a froth like that of Art of Shaving or Proraso products. If that is what one is gauging the quality of a cream on then this product will not be suitable. It should also be mentioned that one item that works wondrously for...
The first thing that strikes me about this product is the bottle, you have to get past the box because its really quite plain. The bottle is small but well suited to the scent. It has a wide chrome cap that makes it look a bit regal. The label on the bottle has chameleon/silver lettering against a gray backdrop. The liquid inside is clear and gives off a prism effect in combination with the rounded-off square bottle. As for the scent: It is a very powerful honeysuckle with undertones...
This cologne is my personal favorite so this review may be slightly biased, but I believe I can give an objectified overview of its qualities. I've used this cologne for a little over five years now and I have found that unlike other colognes that may sour when my body temperature rises (anything with spicy or heady top/middle notes.) or I begin to perspire, New Musk deepens and is accentuated by my body chemistry while at the same time it does not become overpowering. I am...
Top Bottom