Items by lsbrodsky

I purchased Santal because Floris gives the basenotes as woodsy, including sandalwood. I did not smell anything woodsy but I am glad I bought the cream. This cream is on a par with Penhaligon's, but I prefer the earthy aroma of Pen's 1870. Price: At the high end for $32. There are many creams for less, but maybe none with the combination of performance and British sophistication. Quality: Among the best of the creams I have tried as will be detailed below. I have only found DR Harris and...
Jim posted this as a possible secret, indeed it is a great cream. I would consider it as good as AOS, but a little less expensive. I think Edwin Jagger provides a richer lather, but I would use Vintage Blades to replace AOS anytime. More specifically: Price- At $17 for over 5 ounces it is value priced for a good cream. Less than any other pure sandalwood scent creams that perform as well. Quality- Top, it has all of the right attributes and no negatives. Scent- Jim advertises light...
lsbrodsky
1.67 star(s) 3 ratings
Views
Reviews
I have been on a quest for bath(shower) soaps to perk up my morning and the men's soaps from Mistral are the best. This scent is my favorite and is everything you want in a soap, including a price that is better than most of the small shops or imported varieties. This triple milled bar lasts me about a month of everyday use. The vendor description is: Cedarwood Marine Men's Bar Soap. This original combination evokes a seaside forest where cedarwood, marine essences and cool eucalyptus...
I have sampled a dozen or so of the TSD creams by Joanna. Her creams perform as well or better than the top end creams. The cream is firm like CF but lathers up extremely well in a scuttle or on my face. I cannot comment on moisturizing because I don't know how to feel that. There are a lot of choices for scent and I have settled on Mayan Gold because it is unique, not floral or fruity, and masculine. It is not as complex or rich as something like T&H Trafalgar, but it is quite enjoyable...
Top Bottom