Items by LondonCalling

I was very curious to try one of these and so when I found a supply of blades and a cheap one on eBay I was off. First impressions--not good. It's a cheap,mass produced item, stamped out of sheet metal with a glued-on handle. It's a mile away from the machined and milled precision of a Gillette or a Merkur, and the look is dated and quaint rather than cool and timeless. And it's a dirt trap: tapping it on the desk produces a great shower of verdigris and it's still got an old blade...
I picked this up for nothing when the assistant in Boots reminded me there was a "3 for 2" offer. I thought it might be an option if I was in a hurry, or maybe for travel. A look at the flimsy tube rules out the travel option--it would be all over everything before you can say "baggage handler". But as it happens I was in a hurry this mornng so I gave it a go. First impression--eek, it's so cold, and the "cool cologne" factor makes it worse. Plus I've got to get it all over my fingers to...
I bought this because I was too impatient to wait for the HD to come back into stock and I wanted a butterfly razor (my dad had one I used to play with as a child). For £10 including P&P I thought this was quite reasonable. When it arrived it looked a little more worn than I expected from the pics, but considering it must be 50 years old it's in great shape. British-made and really solidly constructed, it's also surprisingly heavy--only 0.15 oz less than the Merkur, despite being much...
Top Bottom