Items by JPDyson

JPDyson
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
A 50/50 blend of two-band Finest Badger and Premium Boar from Semogue.
First of all, there's not an option in the review ratings for "Results", which is where this contraption earns a 10. However, the price is rather high and it doesn't generate the magic bullet cup that all peoples will instantly agree to have been the best they've ever tasted. What it DOES do is turn your Chemex "super clean coffee" device into a "pour-over clean meets french-press grit" coffee maker. What it is: It's essentially a stainless steel, conical filter with a bunch of rather...
Let's get the obvious out of the way: yes, it's $250. If this is your first interaction with "the Breville tax" well, get used to it. They make nice looking stuff that generally works very well, but fetches more than a few shiny pennies. If the cost turns you away, there are cheaper options out there - but not quite so fancy or perhaps versatile. Let's dig in. The OTTM is a fully-loaded, fully-automated tea making machine. You put cold water in the pot, loose leaves (or bags) in the...
Spoiler: I love this thing. It's produced some of the best coffee I've had in a LONG, long time - in just a month of use. It's also presented some challenges, but none too big. The Chemex system is more than just a brewer - it's as much about the filters as it is the pot. However, what I'm finding is that the Chemex brewer is actually about more than just the Chemex system. This isn't a review about filters, but suffice it to say that with the Chemex filters, you'll get the cleanest cup...
A few quick design notes - there's 1/2lb hopper up top, which rotates to make coarseness adjustments. At the very coarsest setting, it can vibrate out of the "grinding" mode and into the "removing the hopper" mode, which makes for a fun mess to clean. However, this coarsest setting is too coarse to be useful anyway. There's a timer on the side that goes up to 30 seconds, which is very loose/easy to turn. It's very easy to lose that elusive "perfect" timer setting. I placed a sticker on...
JPDyson
0.80 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
First of all, credit where credit is due - The Community here at Badger and Blade has done a great job of kicking the tires on this thing, and even making it easier to locate (or ship to those who can't find one locally). The discovery thread (and discussion thread) is here. Thank you, B&B! :thumbup: Secondly, the photo as it stands now was taken by luvmysuper - I will likely add my own soon. Onto the explanation of ratings. Price: At $9, you can't beat this with a stick. Period...
Top Bottom