Items by jlander

I received this as a prize in the chat room a few weeks ago (you all remember Nick's (Pappasmurf) Penhaligon English Fern Soap give away). I cleared writing this with Joel and he will not be commenting on it or answering questions, so maybe this won't go out of control. It arrived well sealed with instructions on how to use it and what to expect. Upon opening the scent was heavenly. The spearmint used was "first flush Moroccan shade-grown Spearmint" and has a wonderful, long lasting...
jlander
1.57 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
I tried a Floris shaving soap (Floris No. 89 to be exact) for the first time this last week and I must say I am very impressed. My first attempt introduced me to a slight difference in building a lather with this soap, but failing all else I read the instructions which called for much less water. And when re-lathering to "touch the tips of the brush to the water and continue on the face" not to re-wet or rinse the face. I normally build a the lather in a scuttle and rinse between passes...
Penhaligon English Fern Shave Soap First things first… Cost: This is an expensive soap. This is offset to some extent by the fact it is a triple-milled soap so it will last a long time Latherability: I used a Chubby #1 for this review. The soap makes a very thick luxuriant lather with very little effort. The lather has the consistency of heavy whipped cream and is not in the least airy. Cushion: It is tallow based soap and that makes for an extremely slick and protective coating...
I picked up three tubs of different fragrances of this new (to me) vendor's product and gave one a try this morning. Initial impression: Upon opening, the cream has a light cake icing consistency and a muddy brown color. The scent is assertive, but not confrontational and is very similar to Creed GIT. She included a couple of samples of other creams and some "sniffies" which are cotton swabs carrying different scents. These are nice, but you need to separate them into different rooms...
Top Bottom