Items by JBHoren

When Seth came-up with two extra shave sticks of QED Bathtub Gin, he sold them on the condition that the buyer would write a review of the product. So, without further ado, here are my findings: Scent: In Bathtub Gin, Charles has blended essential oils (EO) of juniper berries, lemon, and lime in a balance which seems to switch back-and-forth between lemon and lime as the predominant scent, with the aroma of juniper berries always present just below those of the other two. I like that, and...
Saint Charles Shave has introduced a limited-edition blend of four first-thing-in-the-morning scents for the early-rising gourmand wetshaver: Mocha Creme shaving soap. My two tubs arrived in Wednesday's mail, and I used it this morning; here's my take: Scent: Although any one of the individual scents could easily overpower the others, SCS has done a great job and managed to strike a balance between them. Rather than giving equal weight to each one, the "balance point" (to my nose) is...
Like many others, I've wanted an "out of the box" Sandalwood and Rose shaving cream; and, like many others, I've had to make-do by skillful combinations of two separate products: Sandalwood soap with Rose cream (or vice-versa), sometimes from the same manufacturer, but more often than not, not. Now that's changed. Saint Charles Shave has introduced a limited-edition pairing of these two scents, Sandalwood Rose. My two jars arrived in yesterday's mail, and I used it this morning; here's...
In searching for an EDT to match my Salter's Almond shaving cream, I roamed around the product information and reviews on Basenotes, and bought trial-sized vials of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Rochas Man, and Angel*Men, before reading about Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe (San Diego, CA-based Serena Ava Franco). I knew I had to have it... and I was right! Scent: Opens with a blast of roasted coffee beans and toasted almonds (maybe the vanilla and mocha?), mellows quickly to a chocolaty-coffee...
From Basenotes: Top Notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon Middle Notes: Geranium, Pine, Clary Sage Base Notes: Cedarwood, Moss, Musk, Amber I received small (1oz/30ml) splash bottles of both the aftershave and cologne in a B&B trade (lucky me!) a few months ago, and they languished on the shelf -- I'd told myself that "the only reason someone would give them away would be if they didn't smell good." Well, I was wrong -- they smell terrific! I put on the aftershave immediately upon...
JBHoren
0.57 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
I'd been looking, off-and-on, for a cologne/EDT to match or complement my Salter's Almond shaving cream, but met with no success. Then, as luck would have it, I did a keyword-search on B&B for "almond" and found one member who recommended Lolita Lempicka au Masculin as a good complement to C&E's Almond shaving cream, as well as a couple more who agreed with him. OK, so I ordered a 5ml sample-sized bottle from a store on eBay, and it arrived yesterday. Top Notes: Green Ivy, Aniseed...
My atomizer of Saint Charles Shave's "Very V" EDT arrived in this afternoon's mail, along with a tub of her "Very V" shaving cream. I'll try the "Very V" shaving cream tomorrow morning, but right now I need to gush about the wonderful smell of her "Very V" EDT. I'd never smelled vetiver, only read other people's postings, both good and bad; it seems that you're either one of thems that likes it, or one of thems that don't. I likes it... a lot. Well, SCS Sue's "Very V" EDT is very...
Top Bottom