Items by greychamp

I was in Juneau Alaska a few weeks ago and happened upon a small soap shop near the harbor called Glacier Smoothie. I am always interested in trying a new shaving soap and I bought their product called Shave Cakes. Shave cakes are not hard like soap, nor are they soft like cream. They are rather like spongy soap; somewhat soft, but they hold their shape. Each cake comes shrink-wrapped in plastic. You'll need a shaving bowl to place the cake in once you've unwrapped it. I used a Shave Cake...
I recently did a Google search on hard shaving soaps in order to find a new "boutique" shaving soap. I found the Canyon Creek Shaving Company online and ordered two pucks of shaving soap; one Vetyver (made with synthetic fragrance oil) and one Lavender (made with natural essential oil). I have used the Vetyver for over a week and I haven't yet tried the Lavendar. The Vetyver has become my favorite shaving lather, be it soap or cream. Price: $4.50 per 3.5 to 4.0 oz. puck plus $6 shipping...
Price:I don't know the price, because I received the soap (a refill) as a gift from Atkinsons of Vancouver. That's why I gave it 0. I put the soap in a 3" ramekin and it fit fine. No need to buy the expensive bowl. Quality:It's right up there with the other high-end British soaps that I've used. Scent:The scent is light and clean. It is not overpowering and it will not interfere with cologne. Lather: The lather is very rich and creamy. It stays moist throughout my entire 3-pass shave...
I recently bought a Simpson's Tulip 3 (T3) from Em's Place. All in all, I like the brush quite a lot. Price: $187.50 (What can you expect for a Simpson's Super Badger brush?) Quality: I think the quality is first rate. Simpson's has been getting a bad rap recently because users have reported that their brushes tend to lose a lot of bristles. Mine has lost three in about 10 uses. Two of the three occurred during the first use. Density: The brush is quite dense, but I'm comparing the...
After reading about Plisson brushes, I ordered a a #16 in High Mountain White (HMW) from Atkinsons of Vancouver. I received it towards the end of July. The brush is a two-banded one, excellent for soaps. Price:About $470, net of the 20% discount given by Atkinsons of Vancouver to B&B members. It cost me less, but I bought it in July when the conversion rate from Can$ to US$ was better. Quality:I have used this brush five times and I have lost two bristles in total. This is the best brush...
Top Bottom