Items by DonOhio

DonOhio
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
In an effort to bring attention to some more neglected but worthwhile frags, here's another Avon review. I don't want to make this a dual review of Royall Lyme as well but since I've just obtained a bottle of R.L., and since many here are fond of it, I had to compare the two. Short and sweet: Avon is superior. It's just as limey as Royall but it's lighter and just a tad sweeter, but not overly sweet. The sweetness smells like it belongs there, not like it's added in. Royall Lyme is...
DonOhio
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is probably my favorite of the now defunct Avon scents from the '60s-'80s. I have been unable to find any data on exactly what scents went into Oland so the only words I can find to describe it are dark, smoky and (maybe just a bit) leathery. Of all Avon's scents for men, this is one of the few that under no circumstances would today be mistaken for unisex. It lasts a good while for an Avon fragrance and is pretty easily found at yard sales, resale shops, antique malls and the...
Being a sucker for anything woodsy and/or leathery (this is said to be both), I tried a sampler at the store. I got exactly two scents out of it. The first - and I kid you not - was a freshly opened box of Crayolas. Not a bad scent, but not expected and hardly appropriate for wear outside of 1st grade. Then, after maybe 20 minutes, a definite suede-ish note with some woodiness was present. Problem was, it was not very strong and it did not last more than an hour before vanishing entirely...
Finally tracked one down and used it tonight. I already like it. Even though it is not a perfect razor it was well worth the wait and the hunt. However, had this been my first injector, and/or I tried it before my shaving prep and technique were honed, the Pal Adjustable would probably put me off injectors for a long time. But that's never entirely a razor's fault, nor would it have been here. Anyway... PRICE: Varies...these don't come up too often anywhere, and when they do they tend to...
Sorry, please see other with ratings. Mods, please delete this one.
Top Bottom