Items by cvac

cvac
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Enriched in purifying CADE wood organic essential oil and in hydrating vegetable-based glycerin, CADE Rich Shaving Cream turns into a generous lather for a true daily care moment. It leaves the skin soft, hydrated and soothed.
cvac
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
The aftershave equivalent of Atkinson's English Lavender Cologne.
cvac
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Ingredients:Stearic Acid, Water, Cocos Nucifera, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Shea Butter, Potassium Carbonate.
cvac
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Ingredients: Aqua, stearic acid, cocus nucifera, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, olea europea (olive) oil, sodium hydroxide, essential oils.
cvac
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Aqua, Olea Europaea oil, Cococs nucifera oil, Elaeis guineensis oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Potassium Hydroxide, Ricinus communis oil, Lavandula angustifolia oil, Hydrolyzed Silk Kaolin, Xanthan Gum, CI 77007, Linalool, Geraniol
cvac
4.29 star(s) 7 ratings
Views
Reviews
How to use: 1. Always leave the tub open and use the cap as a base. The reason is because Dr. Selby shaving cream (in the tub 3 times concentrated) will always have a dry surface and it will render 400 shaves. Only in case of travel cover the cream. 2. Wet the brush, discharge the water over your face then swirl the brush in the tub as shown in the image. This way the cream will not get wet and it will not waste too fast. 3. To multiply the cream production on your face. Wet the...
cvac
2.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price I paid about $7.50 for this through an ebay seller. Over in Hungary or nearby countries I'm sure it goes for a couple of bucks. Not too bad considering this stuff isn't readily available in the states and offers a nice change from your typical American drugstore aftershaves. Quality It's a drugstore aftershave, but seems pretty decent. It comes in a plastic bottle with a little spout under the plastic cap. It's a drugstore aftershave and no one will mistake it for a top shelf...
cvac
1.60 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price This cream costs $8.95 for a 3 ounce jar direct from Pacific Shaving. That's more expensive per ounce than TOBS, but less than Truefitt and Trumper. It's not cheap, but about what you'd expect to pay for a high quality product. Overall the price seems pretty fair. Quality Excellent. Going over the ingredients, it doesn't look like they were trying to cut corners in any way. It also appears to be the same cream that Classic Shaving and Vintage Blades are marketing under their...
Price Compared to other aftershaves, the price seems very fair. Sure, you could get a bottle of Skin Bracer or Acqua Velva for less than half the price, but this is much better quality. Quality Quality is very good. Natural ingredients, some healing ingredients, and EOs for scent. Of the 3 Aubrey aftershaves I've tried, this one seems to come down in the middle as far as scent longevity goes. The ingredients list is also a bit simpler than the other two types of splashes in the...
cvac
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price Compared to other aftershaves, the price seems very fair. Sure, you could get a bottle of Skin Bracer or Acqua Velva for less than half the price, but this is much better quality. Quality Quality is very good. Natural ingredients, some healing ingredients, and EOs for scent. Of the 3 Aubrey aftershaves I've tried, this one seems to have the longest lasting scent and probably a higher concentration of EOs. Here are the ingredients: Alcohol denat., aqua, hamamelis...
I got a 1/2 ounce bottle of this cologne about a year ago but avoided reviewing it until now. Mainly because I just couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I suppose when I ordered it I expected something a lot more woodsy, but this isn't really woodsy in a typical sense, though there are tree oils in it. Basically, this is a blend of 10 different essential oils dissolved in alcohol to make a cologne. According to Bonny Doon Farm, it includes Oak Moss, Spruce, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Verbena...
Price: In the USA, this cream is sold exclusively at shaveabuck.com. It costs $6 per 100g tube there on its own, or you can buy a tube of LEA shave cream with a bottle of aftershave balm for $10. The cream comes in regular lather, menthol, and brushless version. Just make sure you don't get the brushless version if you want to whip it up with your shaving brush! Quality: This is a quality product for it's price range. It should rate an 8 for quality but I have to doc it a point...
This is a health food store type aftershave. Normally I don't go for these types shaving products but after checking this one out on the shelf at Whole Foods I'd figure it was worth a shot. Priced at under $6 US for an 8oz bottle (cheaper online at some places), you get a lot of bang for your buck. This is an alcohol free after shave, that for some reason doesn't contain witch hazel. No big deal, because the ingredients that are in here make for a very effective high quality aftershave that...
MDG was originally introduced in 1959. This is the same sort of "gentlemanly" type scent you'd expect from a British company like Trumpers, Penhaligon's, or even Floris. Definitely not stereotypical department store or designer fare. In fact, if this fragrance was put out by one of the aforementioned companies instead of Givenchy, I'd imagine it would be much more popular here and in other circles. Anyway, this a lighter scent than many classic colognes and definitely has the "British"...
I had really high hopes for this one. Admittedly, I was a little skeptical of olive oil based soaps after reading all the troubles guys on here had with the Tade shaving soap, but I decided to ignore all that and buy this soap anyway. That was a mistake. After trying this and another "shaving soap", I'm convince that it is impossible to make a shaving soap containing moderate to large quantities of olive oil. The lather just won't hold. Tellingly, none of the big names in wetshaving products...
This soap sounded great in theory, yet it's probably the worst "shaving soap" I've ever tried. Bottom line, this stuff will not produce a lather suitable for shaving. I have to seriously question whether the soap maker bothered to test this stuff at all and whether they are completely ignorant of how shaving soap is supposed to work. The ingredients are as follows: Coconut oil, Castor oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Palm Kernel Flakes, Canola Oil, Shea Butter, Aloe, Bentonite Clay Reading...
cvac
1.00 star(s) 10 ratings
Views
Reviews
So, I finally got around to trying one of my samples of this cream this morning. Overall, I'd say it's an excellent cream. This is not simply regular Taylor's without the scent, but a cream that is formulated with different ingredients and without any fragrance oil or essential oils for scent. The ingredients are as follows: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis, Allantoin, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide...
I read about this cologne on a few different message boards and finally got around to buying it. For the price, I thought it would okay to do a blind buy. It retails for $22 for a 4oz splash bottle or $38 for a 8oz bottle. I bought the 4oz bottle because there is no way I would ever get through 8oz of cologne. There is also a 4oz aftershave splash available. Supposedly, this stuff has been around for decades and was a staple of traditional main street men's clothing stores. It comes in a...
cvac
2.40 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is a milled palm based vegetable soap. I can't say if it's triple milled or not. It seems a little softer than some triple milled pucks I've tried. This puck is a little smaller than the typical 100g or so puck, it's only 65g. Compared to the prices some companies charge for their triple milled soaps, it's still a fair deal, though not as excellent a value as some other soaps. The green, kinda mossy scent is very nice, and you can smell it right off the soap puck before you even...
This is the old-style Body Shop Razor Relief. It's an aftershave balm (milky, creamy consistency) that was meant to go with the old-style cream. Unlike the cream, there is no pronounced fragrance. It smells like whatever is in it, I guess. Pretty neutral and inoffensive and a good thing, IMO. The formula is based on witch hazel and aloe vera and it does contain alcohol. So if you can't stand a noticeable burn, you might want to avoid this product. Also, if you do use high alcohol splashes...
Top Bottom