Items by California Cajun

This is a "croap," which is a combination cream/soap like Cella. It lathers easily in a mug. The container that holds this 4.4 oz. puck is not big enough for me. I added a photo comparing this soap (out of the container) size-wise with Mama Bear's (top); an Arko tub (left); and Williams (right). The price is $12.99 ($3.25/oz.) so it is medium-priced. It has a milder scent than Williams, but it is more natural and feels fresh during the lathering process. I shaved twice: once...
California Cajun
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Shave stick from South Africa (white container trimmed in blue). It's the Real McCoy all right, vintage Williams is still made in South Africa. This is the stick, currently available exclusively at Shave A Buck for $12.00. It compares favorably in size and appearance to a stick I bought on ebay, probably from the 50s or 60s (red container). I like shave sticks, particularly for travel, but I prefer the "push up" dispenser so I can lather with a brush. With the Williams...
I like large brushes, and I think the proper way to take care of them is to let them dry hanging upside down. I searched high and low on the internet for a brush stand to accomodate brushes with 28mm and 30mm knots and couldn't find one. I then tried to retrofit a pipe holder like I use to store my razors and promptly ruined it. I can't work with my hands. The only solution I was able to find was to mangle some coat hangers for an embarrassing looking stand that drew some laughs...
I'll add my critique before it gets buried in the General Shaving Discussion thread. It rates a perfect score from me because it does everything it is supposed to do. Schwarzweisskeramik Small scuttle I both used and tested the Becker (Robert's Ceramic Feats of Clay) Small scuttle; Georgetown Pottery G5 scuttle; Moss Large scuttle; Schwarzweisskeramik Small scuttle; Dirty Bird 1.5 scuttle. They all work well, and the final decision should be a matter of personal taste. I heated 3 cups...
Top Bottom