Items by brooklynlou

eShave makes a great shaving cream. The stuff lathers up well and creates a nice slick moisturizing foam. The only thing you have to really decide on is the scent. As other reviews have remarked upon, the White Tea, Cucumber, and Floral creams smell great. The weak one in the pack scent wise is the citrus. Yes, it lathers as well as the other eShave creams, but the citrus cream smells less like an orange and more like the bitter part of the rind. Once you start lathering it up, it...
brooklynlou
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Bogart by Jaques Bogart Think of Bogart as the less affluent but better adjusted cousin of Blenheim Bouquet. Both lack any floral or sweet notes - they are not designed to please the nose of any woman that happens to smell you. Due to the lack of any kind of sweetness, BB is often characterized as being 'arrogant' or 'indifferent'; Bogart as 'manly'. For those that have never tried BB, it starts with a blast of tart citrus. Its as if you squeezed a lime into a Gin and Tonic, then...
brooklynlou
1.68 star(s) 19 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price = relatively cheap Quality = Ok Aggressiveness = Not very. A bit more aggressive than a Gillette Tech. Grip, User Friendly, Ease of Blade Replacement = Good: The 1904 is nice to look thanks to its ornamental handle. Bad: Unfortunately the metal they chose for the handle is too light. The ornamentation is too smooth thanks to the polished chrome finish, its on the slippery side of things. The handle also has a big round knob at the end which you want to grab on to to change...
brooklynlou
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've been dipping into the wonderful world of high-end samples / decants of late. After going through about 20 little vials, the only one that really stood out enough to make me go "wow, this stuff smells really good! Where's my credit card?" was Por Homme by Bogart. What's suprising is that Por Homme was not any of the samples I ordered but a freebie that the merchant tossed in as a thank you. What does it smell like? - According to basenotes Bogart PH can be described as a "woody...
brooklynlou
0.50 star(s) 32 ratings
Views
Reviews
Price = The Schick Double Edged Razor (later marketed as the 'Krona') was continually produced for nearly two decades from the 60's to the 70's. Later models had the word 'Krona' stamped on the head, earlier ones did not. Same razor. There are a lot of them out there. Because of numbers and lack of collector demand, they can be still be purchased quite cheaply on ebay. I picked up mine still in its original packaging for $5. Quality= The Krona is well made razor. Even after 40 years...
I saw this advertised on ebay as "GILLETTE TECH. Exact replica: Razor LUX" with the low, low, low buy it now price of 6.75. Bought it on a whim. The handle looked nice. I figured that even if it was crappy, I could use the handle and re-purpose one of my old Gillette Tech travel razors into a more normal razor. The vendor picked up a 150 from Poland. Received it tightly wrapped in newspaper. First observation is that the handle is very well made. (and yes, it nicely fits the head of...
Top Bottom