Items by AJS

PRICE: Xpec Original Shaving Soap retails for 22.50 GBP for 150ml of product. As such, it is certainly aimed at the higher end of the market, but given the overall quality of the product and it's ingredients it is in no way overpriced. Whilst it is certainly beyond the point of diminishing returns when it comes to the price/ performance ratio, it is an exceptionally good product, and while you may find products that cost less this particular Soap has a character all of it's own, both in...
AJS
Views
Reviews
PRICE: Spanish Fig & Nutmeg Shaving Soap retails for 12.95 GBP in a wooden bowl and 6.95 GBP for a 100g refill. This soap is slightly cheaper than comparable British soaps without any loss in the quality of the product; it stacks up very well against the more well known soaps produced by the 3T's and others. Being a triple-milled soap it is rather hard and, as such, one should expect to get an awful lot of use out of this soap. Given the quality of the product and the resultant shave, it...
PRICE: 100g of soap, in one of the best wooden soap bowls out there, retails for around 20 GBP. A 100g refill sells for around 8 GBP. In terms of price it is equal to most of the other fine French and English soaps out there, it's pricier than most of them when you buy the bowl, but the refills represent very good value for money. Generally speaking, I tend not to buy soaps with their wooden bowls; as nice as they look when they are new, they look like hell after you get them wet and they...
PRICE: I paid 5.50 GBP for my puck of Tade Shaving Soap, but think that I was undercharged. It generally retails for around 10-12 EUR on the continent, but given the quality of the product it still represents exceptionally good value for money. In terms of cost vs. quantity, you get 100g for your money, so there is little difference between this and a refill of any of the top shelf English soaps in terms of the amount you get and the money you pay. Personally, I think this is as efficacious...
PRICE: This soap retails for 6.50 GBP a puck, and with shipping set me back a toal of 9.00 GBP. Pricewise there is little difference between this puck and a refill from any of the 3T's or DR Harris. That being said, you get a generous 175g of shaving soap, which comes in a sturdy hard plastic container with a metal lid which is much nicer than what you get from a lot of cottage industry soapmakers. Also, if you look at the ingredients list, there are a lot of quality, skin care...
AJS
Views
Reviews
I have been using the 25 mm Superior Brush for a couple of months now, and I think sufficient time has passed for me to break the brush in and do a review. First things first, to date, this brush has only lost one hair. That for me is a significant selling point (given my initial run of bad luck with brushes.) The main thing you will notice about these brushes, is their unique handles. Whilst kitchen counter top material may not sound like the most opulent choice for a shaving brush handle...
AJS
0.18 star(s) 17 ratings
Views
Reviews
When I first became a member here, SSLStudio was kind enough to send me some blades on the understanding that I would post reviews once I had tried them out, the Sharp's were the first blades I finished testing. Firstly, some points for your consideration. I gave the price a 10 because I got them gratis, I don't actually know how much they cost. Secondly, I gave the packaging a 5 because it comes in a simple cardboard box, this mark is not a criticism I just thought it represented a fair...
AJS
0.31 star(s) 115 ratings
Views
Reviews
As no one else has posted a review of the Merkur Futur I felt that this would be a good opportunity to contribute to the forum. The Futur was the first DE razor that I used, and despite some recent instances of blood loss I still rate this razor very highly. Firstly, it is a very good looking piece of equipment, it eschews the the bulky space age lines of the Vision and the ornateness of the 1904 Classic, in favor of clean, crisp minimalist lines. Although a razors appearance should be a...
Top Bottom