What's new

Authentic No.10

Pros: Value for money, slickness, leaves a great base for further fragrance
Cons: It's not 1805
WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Truefitt & Hill no.10

No.10 Finest Shaving Cream is enriched with Willow Bark, Borage Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Olive Oil to provide optimum results. It delivers a luxurious lather for a smooth and comfortable shave, while also moisturising and softening the bristles.

It does exactly what it says on the tin to quote a paint tag line.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
I took a small amount onto my brush and into the bowl. I swirled the brush a few times in each direction to start the lather, and added a few drops of water occasionally to really moisten the lather and allow it to build to its full capabilities. I did find I added a bit more water to this cream than the 1805, purely for experimentation, and found I got a softer lather, and more of it, with no noticeable effect on the quality of said lather. I then applied to my face, in a light circular motion (we all know how to lather). Business as usual here then.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, I came in with high expectations from my experience of 1805. I did have a proviso on my expectation in that the product is around half the price of 1805. Was it half the product? In short no, it performed admirably well, providing a smooth shave, with plenty of lubrication. #10 appears to be a more modern take on what I perceive to be T&F's signature scent. The scent is far more noticeable during lathering and from the pot, but during the shave, it was minimal (perhaps a lower concentration of fragrance oils goes some way to enabling the lower price point of the cream). This leaves me with a very blank canvas with which to follow up in terms of aftershave/cologne. No bad thing at all, desirable almost. A quality experience that I enjoyed throughout.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
I paid around £8.50, and it was worth every penny. I'd happily use this as a daily shave product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy lathering, highly moisturizing
Cons: Lather a little thin
Very good value for money, there is a general theme these days (in the western world at least) for high quality alongside affordability, whether the market is cars, clothes or whatever else, extravagance out - prudence in, I think No.10 fits this mode. You don't feel like you are scrimping when you pick this up, indeed it would even make a nice gift as the packaging is smart and suggests exclusivity, the scent is pleasant and makes you think of high end hotel bathrooms whilst the lather feels rich on your face. Overall a good buy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Light scent, good lather, moisturizes well
Cons: a little medicinal and oily
Good. Slick. Cream. Definitely positioned to the younger set. T&H No.10 lathers great. It’s got a light scent, a little medicinal yet pleasant. I find it a touch on the oily side, so it definitely moisturizes well. The only issue I ran into was that it didn’t play nice with my pre-shave oil. Other than that, highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: At half the price of T&H traditional creams, you simply cannot go wrong
At about half the price of T&H traditional creams, you simply cannot go wrong. Even better than that, you can get this product line at your local pharmacy, in London at least.

There’s a lot to be said about this new product, but at its attractive price, it’s easier to go out and try it rather than read about it here!

My initial impressions are that this new offering is geared towards the modern gentleman more than the traditional one. There are a variety of different oils used in this new formula that the cream can be used brushless if one desires to do so, although I prefer to lather it with a brush instead.

It’s very slick and moisturizing, especially when coupled with their pre-shave; what seems like oils suspended in a gel base – the first that I’ve seem of its kind.

The fragrance is not cologne based, by my standards at least, and that’s not a negative aspect at all. The fragrance is fresh, earthy and green – if you can make sense of that description! Let’s just say the new brown / green packaging, in my mind, compliments what one would expect the product to smell like.

From what I hear, the No.10 product line will soon be available in North America through T&H’s website. I highly recommend you try it along with some of their other No.10 complimentary products – the pre-shave is a must!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)