What's new

Aubrey Organics-Sea Buckthorn and Sandalwood Bar Soap

With water as hard as the Rockies themselves, I have been on a constant quest to find a bar soap that doesn't turn my skin into sandpaper. After many a painful trial, I have found only two soaps that do the job. Of the two, the easiest to find is:
Aubrey Organics Skincare Bar with Sea Buckthorn and Sandalwood. These can be found at most organic markets and pretty much all Whole Foods/Paycheck stores.

INGREDIENTS: Palm Oil, Coconut Fatty Acids, Peanut Oil, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
*Note-This bar is marked as Vegan for those concerned about that

Price: At around $6 for a relatively-small bar (3.6oz) I had to ding this a little. I think it's that expensive because it contains real Sandalwood oil.

Quality: Certainly better than your average grocery store fare. A nice orange-yellow bar stamped with the Aubrey logo. They seem to put a lot of work into making natural products that still work very well.

Latherability: Gives a nice, rich lather.

Moisturizing: One of 2 soaps that I can use. I'm trying to get my father to use it and tell me how it works for him, as he has a HUGE problem with drying.
My guess is that it's the Palm Oil base.

Scent: Pure, divine, goodness :001_tt1: . To me, this scent is the very definition of clean. The tart, citrusy overtones of Sea Buckthorn berry undercut with a heavenly dry Sandalwood. Before I even bought it, I had to head for the soaps and take a whiff every time I was in the store. It's a little strong on the bar for a day or so, but on the skin it fades to a very slight undertone that won't overwhelm other scents you'd like to wear.

Efficacy: It does what I bought it for, though since it is not a very hard soap it doesn't last as long as others. I can't remember the exact number, but I think the first bar lasted around 3 weeks with daily use. I have already bought another.

Packaging: I'm not picky on this issue so it doesn't really matter. It's.....colorful? It's also recyclable.

I would recommend this bar for anyone who has dry skin, and anyone who is just hankering for a great-smelling soap!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)