What's new

Aubrey Organics "North Woods" Aftershave Splash

Price

Compared to other aftershaves, the price seems very fair. Sure, you could get a bottle of Skin Bracer or Acqua Velva for less than half the price, but this is much better quality.

Quality

Quality is very good. Natural ingredients, some healing ingredients, and EOs for scent. Of the 3 Aubrey aftershaves I've tried, this one seems to come down in the middle as far as scent longevity goes. The ingredients list is also a bit simpler than the other two types of splashes in the line.

Here are the ingredients:

Alcohol denat., aqua, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe) leaf juice, pinus sylvestris (pine) oil , panax ginseng extract.

Fights Razor Burn

Didn't rate for this category because I didn't have razor burn when I used it.

Cooling Sensation

This isn't a cooling or mentholated AS, so no rating for this category either.

Scent

This is my favorite second favorite scent in the AO line. It's straight up pine and has a slighly medicinal undertone due to the ginseng. I will say it smells a bit better than it does in the bottle once applied. Apparently some guys were turned off by the scent but I can't see why. It's pretty simple and inoffensive, and doesn't stick around too long after the shave. An hour after shaving, I can barely detect it.

Efficacy

It gets the job done and has some extra healing ingredients. It doesn't irritate my face or dry it out too much. Be sure to shake up this stuff vigorously before using it. If you look carefully, you can actually see little bits of oil floating on top in the liquid.

Moisturizing

I'm not sure how moisturizing this is because there is alcohol in it and it is not a balm. I will say my face feels significantly less tight just after using it compared to other alcohol splashes. I still prefer to follow up with a good moisturizer or balm though. My guess is the alcohol content is very low on this one, maybe 20-30% or so.

No Alcohol Burn

There is some sting, but it is very, very mild and fleeting.

Overall, this is a good product at a good price that is well worth trying.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)