What's new

Astra Superior Platinum

Pros: Cheap
Smooth
Sharp but not too sharp
Cons: None
I love this blade as a daily option in any razor that I have tried. I can't comment on the lasting power because I am a daily head shaver and I only use a blade once regardless of type. This blade is my go to blade hands down. I think the blade imprinting is cool too and it somehow seems thinner and sleeker than other blades that I have used. The only thing I don't like is the two glue spots used on the wrapper, I would rather not have those. But overall a great option.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
This blade is somewhat forgiving with my setup. Sometimes I have to do a fifth pass around my jawline, chin, and mustache area with light pressure. Sometimes I lose the feel of the blade as I am gliding across my cheeks. I received two 10 pack packages as part of a sampler that I bought two years ago and shave at least 6 times per blade while alternating the blade side. There is a noticeable difference when I go to a new blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, smooth and I can use them 7+ times
I started working through a sample pack and got to Astra SS and SP blades. The SP are a perfect match in my EJ89. I easily get 7 or more shaves per blade with very little to no irritation. I haven't used them in all my razors, but they are very good in EJ89 and an English Tech. $11/100 on Amazon so the price is right as well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, inexpensive, available almost everywhere
Cons: Longevity
I really like this blade. I use it with all my razors, vintage and modern ones. It was one of the first blades I tried 4 years ago and the first one I had a smooth and close shave. Since then, I use it almost exclusively with all my razors. I get them for under 0.12 euro each. No compaints really.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: sharp, consistant
Cons: none
I've definitely found the blade that I like above all others(Nacet being it's equal). It lasts a whole week and I get great shaves starting right from the beginning. Alot of blades require a rough shave at the beginning before they start to smooth out, but these are great right from shave one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, smooth and long lasting
Cons: None really
This is my gold standard. Thi is my favorite and my daily driver. Super sharp and comfortable every time. Feathers are sharp, but not anywhere near as comfortable to me. The Astras stay sharp and get smoother as you use them. They start out pretty smooth too. Shaves 3-5 are perfection. Shaves 1-2 are great and shave 6 is good. Shave 7 is just starting to feel a little dull, but not uncomfortable. I change the blade out on Sunday and always look forward to another great week. Packaging is fine and the price is out of site. Less than $10 a 100 box. These are truly my favorite at any price so the affordability is pure bonus.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
This my kind of blade. Not too sharp allowing one to be a little more aggressive with the tough. I get at least 5 shaves out of this blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp but not too sharp
Bought because WCS included some with an order.

NICE BLADES.

Give a very smooth shave in my Wolfman SB. Surprisingly good. Last almost a week.

YMMV, of course, but I really like these blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great Quality
This is my go to blade. I switch out with a feather on special occasions however, I use these 80% of the time. They have just the right sharpness for me. I bought a 100 pack a few months ago. The packaging is good, however they have gotten rid of their old astra wrappers and replaced them with a single white wrappers. Overall favorite blade and would recommend to anyone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: tugging
This is a qualified recommendation. I've only used it once and it was a bit snaggy. I could hear it grinding over my whiskers. I received these free with the purchase of a razor and so I cannot complain about price. These are definitely better than drug store brands, but not by much. If you must choose this blade, do so due to economy rather than comfort or closeness.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: sharp
Sharp blade that will last at least 4 shaves.
Bought 100 for 10.95 online
Have used blades a minimum 4 times in 5 different razors and gotten good to great shaves in all 5 razors,
and 1 razor was a Hong Kong TTO $2.00 special.
Normal routine 3 pass with 4th touch up jawbone pass.
I recommend blade for all razors.
Your face and technique will decide for you.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, smooth
These are really quite excellent blades. In my Merkur 38c they provided one of the most effortless shaves I have had to date. They cut smoothly and cleanly. Yet there is something about them that I do not like, but I can't really put my finger on. Nothing really specific, but it knocks them down from a perfect ten to a nine. Damned if I know why.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Low Price $10.30 for 100
Cons: Glue spots
Great, not as sharp as, but last longer for me than Feathers do!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Close, close shave
Cons: Better be paying attention
Man do these things give you a close shave. Wicked sharp and glassy smooth. If you ask me they're as sharp as feathers but don't tend to tear you up like feathers do.
On the other hand - stick one in a slant and you'd better be paying attention, good technique is essential. Put in the effort and give them respect and they repay you with a shave that's close to perfection.
Incredible value for money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price
Cons: Not for me
These blades are made by Proctor& Gamble who own Gillete, Russia.

These are the first blades that I tried as they are good value for money in general.

They do give a close shave however, for me personally, it doesn't suit my sensitive skin and fast thick hair growth resulting in a somewhat less comfortable shave with more tugging than my preferred Merkur and Feather blades.

Definitely worth a try though in a sample pack. If they work for you, they are easy to obtain in bulk and very attractively priced.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
First use with these blades. I usually use Derby's Gave a very easy BBS. I would say they are maybe a little too sharp on the first use. First time going against the grain on the neck left a little stinging. But very nice blades. I'm a cheap bastard. But I probably wouldn't have a problem spending the extra 3 bucks for a hundred of them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth and cheap
Cons: Not super sharp
Excellent all around blade in all my razors.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: price vs performance
Cons: one bad blade in batch of 25
I don't like to review products without giving them a fighting chance. I bought 25 of these and have been using them exclusively since my stash of Swede's is almost gone. The price for these was pretty good compared to the performance. However, last night was the worst shave I've gotten since I've started my journey with my DE. Even worse than a shave with a Merkur blade! I made my TOBS Sandlewood like normal, loaded a new blade in the SS and.... proceeded to shred my face on the first pass. I only had 24 hours of growth and i don't have a heavy beard. Thinking I may have hosed the lather, even though it looked great, I dumped it and made a fresh batch for the second pass. The second pass felt even worse than the first! I pulled the blade out of the SS and looked for damage or some reasonable explanation but found none. I flipped it over for one last try and on the first stroke managed to get a cut. Over all, one bad blade on a batch of 25 is OK but that one blade left me glad I'd ordered 100 Silver Blue's. I was normally getting 3 good shaves from one of these blades and every now and then I could stretch it to 4. I'll keep the last 4 of these around for emergency situations but the shave from a Silver Blue is far superior, even to a good blade from this batch. Of course YMMV.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: nice, smooth shave
Cons: none so far
Just had my first shave with these blades. What a difference from the Merkur blade that came with my HD. Just a nice smooth shave. I shaved WTG and XTG as I'm learing my technique. I rated the blades as 1 for price and longevity as this was my first time using them. They came as part of a sample pack. Packaging was simple and I rated Quality, Sharpness and Smoothness of Shave as 10. I really enjoyed using this blade and will share my thoughts as I further try them out.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth and sharp
Cons: Not the best deal you can get
This blade is one off my favorites, it was the blade which I first bought in bulk without even have tried it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)