What's new

Astra Keramik

I've been using Keramiks for the last couple of weeks.
I find them excellent.I find them very comfortable in my '60 Super Speed.
The blades come in a plastic box with used blade storage underneath.The blades are single wrapped with 4 huge blobs of glue..the only negative I found with them.Enough glue to stick the blade to the razor,use glue side down in a TTO
Of the blades I have tried they are by far the longest lasting,I have got 7 good shaves from them,no other blade has come near that for me.
They are currently $19/100 shipped from B&B member Melyus but there are rumours of scarcity/discontinuation about.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Not a fan of the Astra Superiors. However this particular astra is sharp and smooth. Very forgiving. A slight notch below the iridium supers. Easily lasts one week -- probably longer.

According to previous posts this blade may be discontinued. Board member Melyus currently stock this blade. For Astra lovers or shavers seeking a new blade give this gem a try.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Used these in a 38c and never got a comfortable shave. Seem sharp enough, but never got anything like a decent shave from these.

Relegated to the trash can for me.
These blades are good, but about 8 other blades will give me better shave.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Guys, I just want to contribute that I have never seen Astra Keramik blades sold in Russia. I did carried out some research, but still couldn't identify the manufacturer. Could anyone look up if the factory address is printed on the pack?
My favorite travel blade so far (gilette slim #5). Feels a bit stiff during the first shave but give you a close to BBS without too many passes.
This blade gives me 4 very good shaves against 3 with the gilette swedes and 2 with the feathers. Good blade for the tough hair/sensitive skin types.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I just got to these while cycling through a sampler pack and right now I'm marvelling at my smooth shave. Initially I was a bit hesitant about trying the Astra Keramiks, because I hadn't heard much about them. After sucking it up and risking cutting my face off, I found they're quite sharp (maybe not as sharp as Feathers) and also VERY forgiving. A great combination for my thick, coarse hair. I usually have some amount of irritation after shaving, regardless of how much I prep or how careful I am with my technique, etc. But these left my face completely irritation free. If this stays the case, I'll be ordering more.

They are definitely worth a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I tried these out when I first started wet shaving. The first few times, I too, hated them. I put them in my slant and they just didn't seem to shave anything on my face. After several attempts, I gave up.

Earlier this week, I revisited them in my Futur. The shave was creamy smooth, but when I was through, it looked as though I had barely shaved! After slapping on some Witch Hazel, the most odd thing happened -- my shave was transformed into one of the closest I had seen in a while!

Very strange.

I used it again this morning, and although not as close as yesterday, it still looked pretty good. Am anxious to try these in my Fat Boy later on. If they continue to perfrorm well, I'll get a few more tucks.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Every blade depends on your razor: I tried these on Futur and Progress and they are wonderful, best in Futur obviously. They are cheapest (80 eurocent here in my town and in different shops) and cut very well, moreover they have a good longevity (six or seven shaves). These are the longlasting razor blade I've ever tried till now (actually I'm trying Feather).
I never do ATG, nevertheless AstraKer give me a very smooth shave, without nips or razorburn.
I found they have only a problem, but it's a serious problem: rust! It's not enough shake and dry, perhaps on account of their iron amount, I don't know... but they aren't stainless!oh, and don't forget to oil grease your razor (Sterol is good for you all?...)
I usually dry my razor at the end by hairdryer and this is another waste of time along the street to your job!
Finally, :thumbup: this is for me a wonderful blade but a little boring:001_unsur .
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I found these to be two very different beasts depending on the razor. When I first tried these, I had them in my Merkur HD, and quite frankly, I hated them. They seemed dull, and although they sounded like they were cutting, the hair just didn't seem to go down as quickly as with a Derby blade. I did get a smooth shave at the end, but I also got irritation like hell. I was about the throw the pack, when I tried them in my Tech. In that razor, they are really smooth, and cut quite well. In terms of longevity, they seem about average. Maybe 3-4 shaves, from what I can tell (have done 2 shaves so far, and the blade still feels ok). They are a bit pricey though (Swedish Gillette type prices here in the UK). The packaging is just a standard dispenser. Ok blades, but it all depends on your razor.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
So far these blades seem really smooth for me. I could use these everyday and not look back. They're not the cheapest blades I've used, but I do get a decent shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)