What's new

Artisan Shave Soap - Muguet de France

Pros: Lathers Easily, Great Container, Slick
Cons: Sweet Scent
Price: No complaints. The RR artisan soaps are a little more expensive than most of the RR cream soaps in the black tub ($10 vs. $6-7), but are still very reasonable for what you get. Quality: Quite good. Nothing superfluous and the ingredients list is fairly short. The container is nice and spacious with plenty of room to lather on top of the soap. The screw top is nice too. I much prefer this container to the black plastic tub that RR uses in their "cream soap" line. Scent: This is going to be very much YMMV and down to personal preference. Personally, I found the scent a little too sweet and somewhat cloying. It's a sweet floral scent that's supposed to be "lily of the valley". I have never smelled lilys so I can't say if it's an accurate interpretation or not. I usually don't mind floral scents but this one is definitely not my favorite. Thankfully the scent mellows quite a bit when lathered up and it doesn't interfere too much with my enjoyment of the shave. Lather: Excellent. Very easy to load and lather, especially with the nice deep container. I like to use a wet brush and just keep swirling until I get a nice yogurt consistency without tiny bubbles. Efficacy: The lather is slick, thick, and protective. My current assessment is that it cuts closer and is just a little less protective than the lather I get from the RR Fresco cream soap. Moisturizing: I find it to be neither exceptionally moisturizing nor noticeably drying. My face feels fine after the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)