What's new

Art of Shaving shave kit brush

Item Description

For those starting out, don't buy the Art of Shaving shave kit for the brush. It is garbage. I can't believe Art of Shaving (quality brand?) would put their name on this brush. Granted its dirt cheap but buying crap at a low price is still a bad deal. I think I used mine about 5 times before it lost all its hairs...joking. No, I used it about 5 times before I got tired of picking badger hairs off my face and razor.

Wait to invest in a quality starter brush ~$75? Since its a good one you should be able to sell it if you chose.

Not sure about density compared to others, so n/a.

Latest reviews

I bought the $25 starter kit, to see if I would like the AOS product line. Included in the kit was a $25 gift card towards the $100 kit. Needless to say I enjoyed the Sandalwood so much I decided to use the gift card.

I rated the price as relative to other Pure Badger Brushes on the Internet.

I rated the quality, Density, Stiffness/Softness all based on what I would expect in a product of it's price range.

I think the ergos of the handle could be better, but they are not bad.

It certainly lathers quite well for me, however, my only other basis for this is the starter kit brush.

This is just my .02!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This was my first shaving brush, and it was a little rough on the face, not very soft, it seemed to lather alright, i quickly moved to better grade brushes so now i have this one at my gf's, its good for a newb =p
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
I took a look in AOS, and it seems that the brushed that comes with the two kits in question are indeed different. The $35 kit has a "genuine" badger brush and the more expensive $100 kit has a "pure" badger brush. I purchased the starter kit($35). The Brush does shed indeed! But I guess that for a starter kit, it only serves the purpose of getting you interested in the products. And lets face it, what can we expect from a $35 kit? I just bought a "PBB" from C&E and it was $35 on it's own. And that is a bargain compared to other stuff. Imagine the "BBB" was $35 at one time. I left alot of ratings N/A simply because I just got the C&E brush and didn't have anything the compare the AOS brush with. I'll repost when I use it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)