What's new

Art of shaving Sandalwood, Lemon, and Lavender

Pros: Scent, moisturizing Properties, longevity
Cons: Price
Fantastic product for winter or those with dry skin. Very expensive but it does seem ton last. The best I've tried so far as far moisturizing.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
The Art of Shaving lavender aftershave was the first of the higher end products I tried when I jumped into wet shaving. It is a heavy balm and is good for the winter months.
Since I started using other products I am going to keep the AOS lavender in my rotation for the winter. It keeps the skin from drying out in the cold. The lavender is the traditional lavender scent like other products. I recommend.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
good stuff
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Have been using the lavender one since i got into traditional wet shaving. My personal favorite hands down
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I gave up using the AOS balm, I found out that you can use their moisturizer in its place.
Really great stuff. Costly - yes, but goes a very long, long, long, way. Does not have the sting that others write about. Has white kaolin to cut down on the shine.
I have to say I love this balm. Sticker shock for sure but when I starting using this I was immediately impressed by it's moisturizing effect and it is also long lasting. I use the lavender scent and it is very nice and pleasant. I love all of the AOS merchandise but this balm is my favorite. A little does go a long ways so while it is $38 a bottle I have had mine for six months now and I still have almost half of it left. It doesn't take much and goes a long way so cost per shave is pretty reasonable. :thumbup1:
great stuf & very moisturizing:thumbup1:
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is a wonderful ASB with great moisturizing properties. It is on the thick side, so it doesn't take much to do the job. I thought I might only use this during the winter months and a lighter ASB for the summer, but I couldn't stop and now find myself facing the reality of parting with some hard earned cash for this fantastic product. If you can find this for anything less than retail, treat yourself and buy it!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have been using the Shaving Cream just recently and fell in love with the scent, so I went out and purchased the Sandalwood After Shave Balm with no regrets!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have been using the lemon ASB for about 4 months now. I am quite pleased with the quality of this blam. Although pricey, I think it's quite worth it as the small version ($22) should last you over half a year. A little goes a long way with this.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
This is my favorite Sandalwood-based balm. I tried the Lavender (got a small sample vial as part of a trade a while back) and although the Lavender was very nice as well, the Sandalwood is hands-down my #1 balm in the AOS flavor.

Great stuffs.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use the unscented balm. It is my favorite during the cooler weather. It is too balmy for the hot humid summer.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I am for the most part, a fan of the art of shaving products especially their shaving cream and after shave balms which are their two best products and the two that are not insanely overpriced. As far as the after shave balms are concerned all of the scents are great and very moisurizing however these are heavy balms which are best suited for wintertime use . If I had to pick a favorite it would be the lavender. The price for these a/s balms is 38 dollars a bottle which lasts a pretty long time and while I would certainly not call it a bargain, its reasonable when compared to some other stuff out there.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I've used both for some time now, and I must say I enjoy both greatly. The scents of both are great, and the quality, IMO, is fantastic. The only downside is the price (i.e., a bit on the steep side) and the fact that it leaves my face shiny after application. Aside from that, I would recommend both!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This was my first and possibly my last aftershave. It is more of a moisturizer than aftershave, but I'm hooked. This is the product that I base all other fragrances and feels off of. It smells so great! I have had many female compliment is smell, and I'm talking wife, friends and even strangers.

AOS sandalwood shave cream smells similar, but Trumpers, does not smell anything like this.

The only complaint I have is the glass container it comes in I don't like. I transfer it to a small, I think about a 4 to 6 oz plastic squeeze type bottle that came in a camping kit. This makes it easy to apply to your finger than apply to your face.
My favorite stuff! I have the lemon scent. Before I apply it, I use an astrigent or toner. So by the time I apply the ASB, I don't get any sting.
I got a trial size of the lavender ASB in my starter kit from AOS, and I love the scent. Personally, I enjoy a thicker balm due to my dry skin, and I like the fact that it coats my cheeks and neck nicely. I am almost out of my trial vial, so I may need to splurge on the real deal.

-Jeff
I've been using this exclusively for 3 weeks (since I started shaving with DE). It's really good at moisturizing and smells nice.

Price: Expensive compared to what super market ASBs cost, but you pay for quality, $38 shipped on amazon

Quality: Good stuff

Fights Razor Burn: It makes razor burn more painful the first few seconds of applying.

Cooling Sensation: None that I noticed

Scent: Smells like lavender, I don't know if I want to be smelling like this later on.

Efficacy: Pretty thick, goes on pretty easy if your face is a bit wet though.

Moisturizing: Stuff is great, lasts all day, and face feels great to the touch.

No Alcohol Burn: Doesn't have alcohol, but has Vitamin C in it which, as stated, BURNS if you have razor burn or nicks. Otherwise you won't notice it.

Overall: My ratings would have been much higher if I didn't have razor burn/nicks, but as it stands this product makes it more painful if you have either. It goes away later on and your face feels very moisturized. Very good for winter.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
This is a great winter ASB. Great moisturizer, and I love the scent. I have not had the burn problems discussed by others, so it must vary from user to user. The price is kind of crazy, but as others here have observed, you only need to use a little.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love it. Obviously the price is up there, but with the small amount that I need to use after, the cost of asb per shave is quite low. Scent is awesome, it doesn't over/under moisturize my face, and it does its job. Nuff said. :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)