What's new

Art of Shaving peppermint face wash

This stuff is amazing... amazing that AoS has the guts to charge $22.00 for this stuff.

I got it on sale for 60% off. Even at that price it is still too much. Avoid this and get another quality face wash from Anthony Logistics or Baxter's.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
personally I love this stuff, it helps control breakouts for me and I use it right before shaving
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
i complety agree. this stuff bl#*s. expensive, no lather. however it does feel good on the face, but no way is it worth 22 dollars for 4oz. of product that lasts a little over 3 weeks.
displayimage.php

I won't got through a step through step breakdown on this since the categories are more related to shaving creams, but I'll still touch on each subject a bit. First off, if you haven't noticed yet, I'm :001_tt1: for products that give you that cool tingle a la proraso, and they usually are of the peppermint and/or menthol variety. I was on the AOS website, saw the peppermint facewash, and thought, cool (pun intended), I think I'll try it, even for $22 outrageous dollars for 4 oz.

Product came, hit the shower with my Dr. Bronner's peppermint body wash, Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo, and now my AOS peppermint facewash to indulge in a frigid cleansing trifecta. I wash the face last, so I poured about this much of the face wash into my hands
displayimage.php

vigourously rubbed my hands together to produce this
displayimage.php

:confused1 um... okeydokey, this doesn't lather worth a :9898:
I proceeded to massage my face with the barely noticeable lather I had worked up, and indeed, felt a slight cooling sensation, but not nearly to the extent that I do with the other aforementioned products. After getting out of the shower and drying my face (this was in the evening, so no shave awaited) I did feel like my skin was deeply cleaned, but it was a bit tight and dry a little later, not nearly as moisturized as my previous (and current go to) nancy boy face wash had left me.

The claims are that this product stimulates circulation with the peppermint oil, is anti-oxidizing (I may have just made up that word) and toning with the gree tea extract, and sooths using chamomile and aloe vera, and moisturizes using olive and jojoba oils. To see more go here. Personally, I found it to be nice and just as effective as some other face washes not named Nancy Boy, just minus the lather. However, for $22, this stuff should be F___kin magic. Just can't recommend this ho hum product at the :eek: price.

If you have any desire to talk about this, you might want to organize your thoughts here
Top Bottom