What's new

Art of Shaving Lemon Scented Shave Soap

After walking around the mall for a while with my girlfriend, we came across an AOS store. We went in, checked out all the proucts, and I was intrigued by the soaps, with the nice Teak bowls. We gave them all a sniff, and went on our merry way. A few weeks later, my girlfriend presented me with a puck of the AOS lemon scented soap, with the Teak bowl. I've been using it quite a bit since, and it has become my go-to source of lather.

Price: Not exactly a bargain at $40 (with the bowl, $22 without), but it is a fairly large puck. I've been using it for two months now, and I expect it was last many months more.

Quality: There is not much to complain about. It is a high quality tallow based soap (which I know many people love). THe box it comes in is of good quality, and the wood bowl is spectacular. Definitely adds a touch of class to any bathroom.

Scent: If you like citrus scents (as I do), you'll love this. If not, it probably won't be for you. This definitely smells like lemon (and not artificial lemon scent, like Pledge). The scent is present, but not overpowering. It's pleasing while I shave, and my girlfriend enjoys it after I shave, even when I use an ASB (unscented, though).

Lather: I'll admit, it took a little trial and error to get used to lathering this stuff. I'll put that on my lack of experience with soaps above anything else. Once I got the hang of it, though, I was able to produce rich, creamy lather with ease. The lather is just as good as what I get with Proraso cream, and better than VDH deluxe soap (which is still a pretty good lather itself!!)

Efficacy: Slick and cushion-y. No issues with razor burn when using this soap.

Moisturizing: There are times when I forget to put on ASB when I'm done shaving, but it doesn't matter, because my face still feels good and moisturized. It does that well.

OVerall, AOS soap is great stuff, and is worth picking up. Which one is a matter of scent preference, and for me, the lemon scent wins out over the others. As always, of course, YMMV.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)