What's new

aromatic

Item Description

SRW aro is a fine ribbon cut I believe and has a pleasant liqueur bag note/ room note that is a touch sweet and almost raisin smelling. To smoke it it delivers a nice sweet and sour liqueur flavor but is very temperamental IMO, it can be almost flavorless with a hint of sweet or very smokey and touch of sour and sometimes a little of both. If pushed too far it can bite very easily with a hot sour vengeance, so far not my favorite smoke but still very nice and I like it better than my local sweet burley and sweet virginia.

Latest reviews

Pros: Inexpensive and easy to find
Cons: last 1/4 to 1/5 of the bowl isn't the best flavor
This has become a daily smoke for me. Shorter squat bowl in a smaller pipe for the ride to work in the mornings, and sometimes as the home from work before dinner/after dinner pipe as well.

Very lightly topped, it's not wet/sticky and doesn't burn hot or get goopy in the bottom of the bowl for me. It does start to taste a bit off near the bottom, but many tobaccos do that, so I can't ding t for that too much.

The pouch and room notes are both very nice, on the sweeter side, and sort of just classic sweet pipe aroma.

Flavor wise you can really get the nuttiness from the burley, and a mellow pleasant sweet note with it. As the bowl burns down, the sweetness goes away slowly, and the burley comes through more.

I'd call this a light aromatic, basic and simple, and it doesn't try to be anything else. This is close to the only drugstore brand/pouch I've really liked enough to always have it on hand. If you like burley, and are looking for a mild aromatic, it's tough to go wrong on this one.
Aroma
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)