What's new

Arko Sensitive shaving cream

This is your basic budget drugstore/barbershop shave cream. It actually works quite well, but I found that you need to use a bit more product to get a nice lather than most other creams I've tried, but at this price, that's fine. It whips into a lather very easily but doesn't have the density you get from better shaving creams. On the face, it's slick and provides adequate lubrication for the shave. The scent isn't my favorite but really isn't bad once you whip it into a lather. Actually, it's kind of pleasant in a medicinal/barbershop sort of way.

One knock against the cream is that it has boric acid in it, which I think made my face tingle a little bit. It didn't cause any lasting irritation and there was no redness after the shave. The tingle was basically gone after I washed it off. Also, if this is supposed to be a sensitive skin cream, I think it would be better if it was fragrance free and contained a soothing ingredient such as aloe vera. Moisturizing is fine. It didn't leave my skin super hydrated and supple but it didn't dry my face out either. Overall, this is a good, solid product that gives a nice shave, even if it isn't the very best or most luxurious shave cream out there. Definitely worth a shot if you want an inexpensive cream that works well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Well I suppose, yet again this proves that one man's meat is another man's poison and that we all have different tastes as I loved the scent and thought it was a 'proper' shaving cream smell, whereas others seem to hate it.
I bought a bundle of 3 different tubes of Arko and tried the Citrus 1st which I thought smelled of orange fizzy sweets so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened this tube.
As others have said, it lathers well and gives a very decent shave.
The packaging is a bit basic - a cheap plastic tube, but at the the price you can't complain.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
As far as I am concerned all Arko creams are top notch and Arko 'Sensitive' is no exception. It lathers and works just as well as any high-end english cream but it costs about 20 to 25 times less (my tube cost me only 0,85 euro). This is a must have in any rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
This is one of 3 different creams I bought last year in Turkey. It was, sooo, cheap!

The first thing you notice is the smell, nothing exciting, yet nothing bad. I found it canny, it was okay.

That said, it made up for in lather! Man!! Once whipped up, this makes a load of it and it really acts as a good cushion for a smooth shave. I like to apply the cream to a wet brush and then make the lather on the face. Sensetive it says and sensetive it is. There must be a "secret ingredient" in there somewhere coz I have had no bother with it at all. Whatever this is, the writing is far too small to read!!..:biggrin1:

I believe you can get it from here direct -

http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=FB246241ID289
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
It's funny because the scent is one of the favorite things I like about this product. The latherability is the least favorite among all my creams, but the after effect of skin smoothness and moisturizing characteristics makes this cream an excellent deal for the price at hand. It's not my first go to cream, but definately one to buy just for the price and shave that you'll get.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Another good basic cream. The scent is nothing special, but neither is it objectionable. The price is very reasonable, and it gets the job done.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Another Arko cream let down by its scent.
This is a fine cream as far as lathering and its protective nature works well on my skin. To me, however, the scent is lurid: it evokes a dirty latrine. Sorry about the strong image, but I really wanted to like this cream and found it really unpleasant smelling....

I am grading scent and pricing at 0: this cream would be overpriced if they gave it out for free.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Another masterpiece from Evyap Industries, which I received as a gift, I began using it a week ago. The lather is great, the scent is beautiful, it's so soothing and gentle on the skin, that shaving is a pleasure. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: The lather not only prevents irritation and razor burn, it gives a cooling feeling similar to menthol especially if you do a second lathering. I'm just head over heels in love with this company's products.

Jeff
Top Bottom