What's new

Arko Moist shaving cream

Pros: Where do I start, everything!
Cons: None
This cream is very understated, by the fact that I think If more people discovered this excellent cream they would be singing the same praises for it as they would for something like Proraso. Granted it's cheaper and not as much menthol but in my humble opinion you get just a good a shave. Don't get me wrong, Proraso cream is the business, no question but this cream and frankly other arko creams don't get the love they deserve.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I liked it overall, but with the menthol was stronger, more like Ingram.

Price - I'll give it an 8. I bought mine for $3, which means while it's not dirt cheap it's still VERY affordable.

Quality - Call this an 8 again. I was pleased overall.

Scent - Two! Little to no smell that I noticed, and the menthol kick was weak, like Derby.

Latherability - I'm calling it an 8. It didn't explode into lather on contact with water like some stuff has done, but it did lather up fairly easily.

Efficacy - I wish it were a bit more slick, but it's still not bad. It doesn't take a whole ton of it to get it to lather up either.

Moisturizing properties - I'm giving it a 6. My skin felt fairly well cared for, but it could have done better.

Packaging - Seven. The plastic tube and cap is well done, and it's foil sealed. I wish it were a foil tube for some reason...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Probably their best cream overall. I have been buying this stuff for about $2.00 a tube and for the price it cannot be beat. A largish almond sized dollop whips up an excellent lather, enough for at least 4 passes. The cream is fairly slick; I often find myself just adding a bit of water to my face and not even using the last of the cream on the last pass, it is that slick. Not moisturizing, but not drying either.

While this cream is one of the best values on the market, it leaves a bit to be desired when evaluating packaging and scent. Packed in a cheap cardboard box, Arko recently went to a longer, thinner tube that is too tall for any of the shelves in my medicine cabinet. Given the price, I can live with that. And all of their scents are highly artificial--but not overpowering--so when you are done with your shave the scent has pretty much dissipated.

If you've not tried it yet I say "get some."
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This was my 3rd and probably the best of the 3 Arko creams I purchase in Turkey.

The price IS cheap, even when it is the norm there to haggle!! that's the best about this stuff - if you don't like it you can easily throw it away. I quite liked it, however, and found it did a good job.

The only down side for me was the smell and I love menthol. Now,THIS - Menthol? Menthol? - in order to be courteous, lets just say mine never had much menthol in! :biggrin1: It can hardly be classed as menthol in the way Proraso or Ingram is! I could smell none at all just a strong, but pleasent, clean, soapy smell.

The cream itself is pea-green and quickly goes to lush white once lathered up and this is where it really shines. You don't need much, another plus, and the lather is bursting out, a real treat!

Moisturizing it is good at and it boasts it's now "with Vitamin E".

To conclude, a good, cheap, pleasant, easy-on cream. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Picked up a package of this stuff recently at a Turkish grocery store here in No. Virginia where I go to get sour cherry preserves and various Turkish hors d'oeuvres. Runs about three dollars, making it a terrific value--I've found it smells pleasant, lathers well, and shaves smoothly. What more can you ask for?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
:smile: :smile: :smile: Today, for the first time, I shaved with Arko Moist shaving cream, one of my recent acquisitions. I know you gentlemen are probably wondering, how is it that every brand from Arko is being rated 10/10 by me? Well the answer is simple:

In my honest opinion, that's what I feel they deserve! I took my shower this morning, and then when I stepped out and prepared my razor, I rinsed my face with hot water again, and applied a little of the Arko Moist to my Kent brush. I then began to build a super soothing, cooling, and great fragrant lather on my face. This cream contains some menthol although, it's not overloaded with it, and the scent is clean and pleasant, not heavily perfumed. I shaved with my Dovo straight razor, doing a nice slow easy N-S pass along both cheeks, and everywhere, after that, I rinsed my face off, re lathered, and did a S-N pass along my neck, and a cross-grain pass along both cheeks. The end result:
A beautiful, baby-butt smooth, comfortable shave which left my skin cool, soothed and well-moisturized. I don't know what else to say, except that this cream deserves a rave review. Guys, please allow me to suggest this cream to anyone who wants to spend a small amount of money, and get a HUGE amount of quality! :thumbup1: :smile:

Jeff
Top Bottom