What's new

Arko Lemon shaving cream

The quote refers to a review I posted under the wrong heading. Apologies for the inconvenience.

TheBigL;859944 said:
I see that citrus and lemon are actually two different fragrances for sale on one particular web site, however the manufacturer's web site only lists citrus. Perhaps lemon was discontinued.
Interesting to see that there were / are two different citrussy-scents to be had with Arko. Perhaps one scent replaced the other, because I cannot remember seeing 'Lemon' on Arko's homepage.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I see that citrus and lemon are actually two different fragrances for sale on one particular web site, however the manufacturer's web site only lists citrus. Perhaps lemon was discontinued.
This was my least favourite of the 3 Arko creams I found in Marmaris, Turkey.

I was looking forward to this because of its alleged lemony/citrusy smell. It is, however, perfectly described in another review as being like "Lemon Pledge" - how true - but I kinda found that okay! :redface:

That said, it went down hill after that. The lather is very thick and it dries on the face very quick and after the 3rd pass there is not much of it left on the brush to use after you have to, again, wet the brush for another pass.

To conclude, you are missing nothing with this product at all, I'm afraid. Okay, it is cheap, another plus, standard box, blah-blah, but this is my last week with it as the tube is almost done and I can safely say - I won't be getting any more!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I am afraid this is the only cream I have ever thrown away after one usage. This was made easier to do by the fact that the stuff is very inexpensive. I found the lather to be meager and quick drying. There was virtually no moisturizing effect. But the most problemmatic aspect for me was that it smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish, which I regard as impossibly unpleasant. I did not perceive any of the soapiness that Jeff writes about.

Michael
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
This is an oddly-named cream in the sense that the scent is not what it's listed as. The way I see it, it has a nice, clean, soapy scent, sort of like the Arko soap stick. The lather is rich and creamy,the moisturizing and comfort are definitely there, and price-wise, I always said, you can't beat Arko! I was surprised at the scent when I shaved with this stuff for the first time, I was expecting a fresh burst of lemon, but as I said, instead I was greeted with a pleasant soapy, clean one. Still, this is a cream I'll keep in my rotation.

Jeff
Top Bottom