What's new

Arko Cool shaving cream

Pros: Great lather, nice scent, and CHEAP
This is a very nice cream but as the original reviewer stated, it can cause some confusion if you're a menthol lover because there's none at all in this variant. In fact, I don't even feel any cooling sensation from this cream at all. The scent is to my shnazola, very sporty and young, and the lather is super-rich and easy to create. The moisturizing is not that great, but I always use a moisturizer so I can overlook that flaw. I bought it at a Turkish variety store here where I live. Really cheaply-priced.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Price and results
Cons: None
A very nice cream, lathers up very well and is slick, cushioning and protective. I use a bit more than normal, but at the price I paid, who cares.

Someone mentioned that there is no menthol and the "Cool" refers to the scent. This morning I added some Godrej Menthol Mist to the mix just to see how it would go.

The two scents compliment each other and the Godrej adds a bit more to the quality of the shave. Maybe it's the Lanolin in the Godrej. Most importantly, I got a truly icy menthol blast thanks to Mr. Godrej.

The Arko cream is definitely a good buy on it own, but do consider ramping it up in the warmer weather, if you like it Cool.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Quite cheap. Lathers well, but the lather has a very little cushioning, which results in not so comfortable shave. Not a bad cream, but there are much better ones for not so much more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I have used this for the last two mornings and I must admit that, because of the extremely low price, my expectations were not very high. Well, I have found this to be a very effective shaving cream and a steal at the going prices on ebay. My shaves have been ultra smooth and close, among the finest that I have ever had. My face felt smooth as glass and very fresh and taut. The scent was ok, clean-smelling but not remarkable, and lathering-up took just a tad of extra "coiling" with the brush on my face, a tad more water, but it was generous once it got going. The end results have been well-nigh perfect. This is certainly a shaving cream to keep in your kit! And it won't break the bank. I am anxious try some of the other Arko "flavors" now.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Arko Cool has the best scent of the Arko products I've used - it smells like a clean, fresh drugstore soap, maybe a little like Irish Spring. It's not an overpowering scent at all, nor is it mentholated (as the original reviewer noted). Typical great Arko quality at a typically low price - I think this one is my favorite of the Arko line so far. They're all very good creams, so you might as well pick the one that smells best.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Well... a more in depth review from me will come on this stuff in the near future, as I bought quite a bit of "arko" products expecting them to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Are they? Not at all. They are very nice, but it is my opinion that giving anything a "10" means that the product could not possibly be made any better... period. The scent is ok, it lathers very well, works very well, packaging is medeocre, quality is ok, price is good - but by no means is this outta this world. In terms of efficacy and moisturizing properties, no if and's or buts, Will G Shea Butter blows this stuff outta the water. I'd say the arko is on par with the 3T's, and as a result, offers an outstanding value. Its weak spot most certainly is this creams scents, as Arko scents aren't nearly as good as their English cousins.

Bottom line - it's good stuff, but don't expect a miracle.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
About 2 months ago, I received this great cream along with a whole bunch of other Arko products as a gift from a very good friend of mine. I was a little confused the first time I shaved with it, because as the name would imply, you'd expect it to be mentholated. This cream contains no menthol whatsoever, but it does smell wonderful, it has a scent that would remind you of the tropics, the lather it gives is enough for 2 men to shave with, and the shave you get is great. When you finish shaving and rinsing your face, you feel refreshed and energized, and the scent lingers! :wink: :thumbup1: I think this is a cream to be used in summer or in warm weather places, because of the unique, beautiful scent, and refreshing effect it has.

Jeff
Top Bottom