What's new

Arko Commando shaving cream

Those turkish knows about shaving, that cream proves it.
First i like the packaging, some don't but different people different opinion.
Second the scent is very good.
Third, it lather quite well, but u need to be careful whit the amount of water you are using.
But when the ratio is well respected you end up whit a thick cream that offer
a very good protection.
I recommend that product to anybody.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
For the price, it's the best cream I've ever used. Got it for one and a half Euros in Turkey. However, I have to disagree with some of the ravingly-positive statements I've read...it's not great.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just picked up some of the Commando and the Moist creme by Arko. I must say I was skeptical about these products due to the low price. Man was I pleasantly surprised when I lathered this stuff up for the first time. I also bought and really enjoy the Arko shave stick. I milled two sticks down and put it in a mug.... really good stuff all around.

The Arko Commando has a really clean scent that is not overpowering in any way. It lathers like a champ with little to no effort at all. I have no issues with packaging as I think it is a standard shaving tube packaging. The price speaks for itself, and the quality is excellent. Highly recommend these products. Just wish I would have bought more now I that I know it's good stuff.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
All I have to say in this review is....you have got to try this wonderful cream if you haven't allready!! Very good product!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
cheap. Arko products are priced according to their capabilities, cheap and cheerful. Like all Arko creams the scent is very faint and you can't really detect it while you are shaving. There is nothing great about this cream or any of the other in the Arko line. The highest compliment I can pay it is that you can shave with it. Thats it. To anyone who says it beats the three T's and the like then you must have had a hell of a lot of dodgy batches. Its not fit to share the same continent let alone bathroom cabinet. Its a shaving cream that you can shave with and I would only use it if it was the last cream on the planet and I couldn't find any cooking oil. Other than that its excellent.
N.B I'm not homeless but I thought the packaging was fine. In fact if I was homeless I'd probably live in the box.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Pro:
- Super cheap
- Super-effective - thick, slimy, protective lather
- Easy to whip up tons of lather
- Inoffensive smell

Con
- Packaging and tube are a little chintzy - not elegant like some of the British stuff.
- I found that the scent hardly lasted through lathering. It was close to unscented.

For the price, this is a great deal, but it definitely didn't have the luxurious feel of a shave with a more genteel cream. It's nice to have the option, but Proraso isn't much more expensive and is miles better in my opinion. On the other hand, if you want a cream that doesn't smell like much of anything, go with this one (or one of the other Arkos). I suspect it would be a good match for sensitive skin as well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Great cream :cool:
This is the best smelling shaving cream I have ever used. I was lead to believe that ARKO creams smelled like they were manafactured using goat turds as the main ingrediate. But this cream smells awesome. The sent has a very nice natural lime sent to it. It lathers very well, but take a bit more work than some creams. It felt nice on my skin, but dried it out a little bit. I would recomened using ARKO with a aftershave balm because of this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Bought this in the Turkish area in Antwerp 2 months ago (They also sell every kind of Arko creams + Derby blades :cool: )
First tried it when I was in Northern Ireland last week visiting my wife's family and I must admit : WHAAAAT A SURPRISE :biggrin:
This cream is fantastic : it cost absolutely nothing, lather is wonderful and the shave you get with it is super BBS. I also love the packaging (looks like if I was back to my military service in 1988 :scared:) The only thing is that I only bought a tube, it means that I will have to drive +- 250 km to buy another tube
I highly recommend it....
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Where do you buy this stuff?
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
My review for this product is nearly identical to that of the Arko shave soap with two differences.

1. The smell is mildly more pleasing. It is still not what I would view as a luxury scent, but it is not as boring as the soap.

2. The packaging is very poor. Homeless people would make fun of it.

This is, no doubt, a quality product. It lathers well, shaves well, and moisturizes well, but it just doesn't have anything unique or special about it (other than price). I may revisit this cream in the future, but for right now, there are too many more interesting and pleasing products on the market for me to dedicate a place for Arko in the regular rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Very good cream for the money. The lather is greasy/shiny similar to Proraso (I haven't found my Taylor's Rose or Avocado to appear as shiny). *the picture doesn't really show how shiny the lather is*

The best I can describe the scent is as a generic "clean" smell. But then again, I'm usually pretty bad at describing/identifying scents.

This cream is very moisturizing. Even after I make a pass, my skins feels moist enough that I'm tempted to attempt touch-ups with just a little of the residual cream from my fingers. The only other non-arko cream/soap that I would also say that for is Taylor's Avocado.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I can honestly say that I am not impressed with this soap. I have used it 3 times just to make sure it was not my technique. I found that it tended to dry faster than some of the other soaps I use. Nevertheless, for the price, it's not a bad soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
for $1.99 this stuff is an absurd value, the packaging is a skinnier plastic tube but that doesnt matter at all. smells pretty good and lathers very well, seemed protective and i got a great shave that was irritation free even with an totally against the grain pass final pass. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have never seen such a fine shaving cream for such little money. This stuff is enough to want to make me abandon my Taylors, DR Harris, and other premium English creams. The scent, latherability, etc are impeccable.

Jeff
Top Bottom